Airport metered taxis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know what you mean Zee...

baaahhhh, zee is lucky he doesn't have to deal with the taxi drivers the entire trip. i get to hear all the whining and the same you-ought-to-pay-us-more-because-we-are-really-having-a-hard-life story everytime.

i should teach him Tagalog.

I take a taxi from Malate to out past Fairview into San Jose Bulacan sometimes. With a bit of haggling P400 is a price I will accept although it is bit less on the meter. After 45-50 minutes the moaning and groaning starts, and we're not even to SM Fairview by then. Heh, and the we pass the mall and I say keep going, just a little further, and the drivers really start getting anxious and laying on the give me more lines.

When my companion is with me she usually gets into a big heated argument with the driver, which tends to end with both of them pissed off and cursing as we finally arrive. I usually just accept the inevitable... I hate having to get worked up over taxi fare. It would be sooo nice if they would just turn on the meter and go, I would tip extra for the peace and quiet.

Davao is great for that, I don't even have to ask for the meter, it is SOP for the driver to go by the meter.

I take a taxi from Malate to out past Fairview into San Jose Bulacan sometimes. With a bit of haggling P400 is a price I will accept although it is bit less on the meter. After 45-50 minutes the moaning and groaning starts, and we're not even to SM Fairview by then. Heh, and the we pass the mall and I say keep going, just a little further, and the drivers really start getting anxious and laying on the give me more lines.

When my companion is with me she usually gets into a big heated argument with the driver, which tends to end with both of them pissed off and cursing as we finally arrive. I usually just accept the inevitable... I hate having to get worked up over taxi fare. It would be sooo nice if they would just turn on the meter and go, I would tip extra for the peace and quiet.

Davao is great for that, I don't even have to ask for the meter, it is SOP for the driver to go by the meter.
in the provinces they'll go on the meter AND give you back you 3 pesos change!

they're so surprised when people from manila tend to round up to the next whole rate (P43 = P50) and leave w/o taking their change...

maybe we should bring those cabbies here

Jag

baaahhhh, zee is lucky he doesn't have to deal with the taxi drivers the entire trip. i get to hear all the whining and the same you-ought-to-pay-us-more-because-we-are-really-having-a-hard-life story everytime.

i should teach him Tagalog.

I know all I need.

METER, NA! (angry voice, point finger) Luckily I'm bigger than most of them.

Z...

It would be sooo nice if they would just turn on the meter and go, I would tip extra for the peace and quiet.

I am actually quite happy to pay double what the meter says, provided they agree to go with the meter to begin with.

Z...

I just used the service last night....excellent service. The driver was very courteous and mindfull of the aircon, stop and go/herky jerky driving and was a fair price. It was a real surprise. The meter was fair for the trip from airport and I tipped the driver. Seemed like a good deal to me.

The hard luck-no money stories are always stopped when you tell them that they could have worked harder and went to college.

more likely to be clubbed with a steel pipe.

So after failing as a professional photographer, he's taken up driving a taxi now? Maybe I should offer him a job. Poor Orc.

:D<---- edit, my face is really like this right now.

:14:
/I\/
/\​

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom