Moalboal Aug 2024

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good assessment. Very similar to what I experienced last year. Sadly this is no longer a premier dive destination in the Philippines, it'll be a decade or more of recovery until we start to see a glimmer of the old Moalboal (if everything goes well). I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it for people who want an interesting and unforgettable place to do their open water, the Sardines make it magical; but I'd be hard pressed to recommend to anyone slightly experienced as they'll notice the lack of reef and excess of rocks.

I was impressed with all the nightlife that sprung up. Whether you partake or not, it did inject some livelihood and attract some local city dwellers to come out to that direction. It used to be just Chilly Bar but now there's a smattering of restaurants and clubs.

I luggged my gear to PH in January. Moalboal in general was nice. The shore dives were about as beaten up as i had expected, so no let down. Pescador Island was absolutely beautiful below 10 meters. The only thing that I didnt appreciate were all the travel nomad manbun bros and instagram girls. I cant knock on them for anything other than being brutally annoying though.

The only thing that I didnt appreciate were all the travel nomad manbun bros and instagram girls. I cant knock on them for anything other than being brutally annoying though.
Where did you find them?
You were probably drinking/eating in a wrong place because I did not notice any of them.
I would had thought most of them would had stayed in Thailand where unlimited supply of weed and 60 days visa free entry.

Where did you find them?
You were probably drinking/eating in a wrong place because I did not notice any of them.
I would had thought most of them would had stayed in Thailand where unlimited supply of weed and 60 days visa free entry.
Everywhere around the beach area where the sardine runs are. I only had 2 nights there, so i didnt explore a great deal, but this area was packed to the core with them. Although I shouldnt be disappointed, as I am a traveler as well, i just cant seem to not cringe when I come across these "trendy" travelers. I felt like i had been teleported to thailand briefly. I was surprised to see this.

I will see moalboal in november. Oslob, Simulon Island (both 1 dive), Pescador Island, sardine run and mating mandarin fish I have booked.
The turtles are there on the beach is told to me, so I will try to find a way to get a tank for a snorkeldive on my own.

"Traveller"?

No. 8: without any internet connection!
I wonder how many modern day "travellers" can live/travel without it!
"tourists are terrorists with cameras. terrorists are tourists with guns."
Yakov Smirnoff

Back
Top Bottom