Airlines and travel strategies to Bali from US

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was scheduled to fly from LAX to Bali via Hong Kong a few years ago. My ticket was through an air consolidator (Air Brokers Intl) and went on from there to Bangkok, Darwin-Sydney, Auckland, Fiji, Cook Islands and Tahiti before returning to LA. The total ticket price then (2001) was $1,600 US.

Unfortunately at the last minute they routed me through K.L. instead of Bali due to concerns about the political situation there. However you might look at their web site and ask for a quote.

Continental used have connections through Guam directly to Bali. I believe the flights runs on Sunday and Thursday evenings (REmember your flight from Honolulu arrives in Guam the day after you leave Hawaii). I have no idea of the cost.

Thanks for all the great advice! I will begin working on this. (times two, holy cow, can I afford this?) Too late, already paid for the course!

Catherine,
Without doing a specific search, I would say Hong Kong or somewhere in the region would be the way to go. Being from the east coast and having lived in Hawaii (K-Bay), trying to go back to the states and then start again from LAX, would probably be an easy 40 hour trip. Plus, if your return trip had the same routing, that's a pretty brutal flight. At that rate, even a one night lay-over in Hong-Kong wouldn't be bad and would allow you to explore the city. All depends on what airline you want. Lots of choices in the pacific region, but my current favorite is Cathay-Pacific, which is associated with American Airline's, and that means your miles transfer.

Jeff

Continental direct from Honolulu to Guam to Bali.

No idea of cost though....

Check Continental.com

Speaking of which, i need to look into this myself.... :)

why Mike, you coming to Hawaii to decorate the airport? The fare you just mentioned is 2k (2) so....I may have to swim. But I heard Dennis has a lot of money.

catherine96821:
why Mike, you coming to Hawaii to decorate the airport? The fare you just mentioned is 2k (2) so....I may have to swim. But I heard Dennis has a lot of money.
Yea, i think Dennis should pay for me too!

I think i will try miles.....

we could offer him a package deal....but first I need to get CS 2 off of him.

We flew from Honolulu to Bali via Guam on Continental Micronesia in August 2003. It was a great trip -- you'll have a fabulous time. Cheers!

CA Diver:
Continental used have connections through Guam directly to Bali. I believe the flights runs on Sunday and Thursday evenings (REmember your flight from Honolulu arrives in Guam the day after you leave Hawaii). I have no idea of the cost.
Aloha,
did it last year, HNL>GUM>DPS & back. It was $1800 USD. You overnite (24hr layover) in GUM going there, and straight thru coming back. The connex in GUM on return was 40 mins but we made it. Continental Airlines has a monoply thru GUM.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom