Airlines and travel strategies to Bali from US

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wow, why am I so surprise at the price? I thought it would be less. yea, I know about the air Mike deathgrip..... I guess there is no way around that. This Japanese guy I know here keeps telling me 900 on China Airways, he goes to Jakarta regularly. I better pin him down.

catherine96821:
wow, why am I so surprise at the price? I thought it would be less. yea, I know about the air Mike deathgrip..... I guess there is no way around that. This Japanese guy I know here keeps telling me 900 on China Airways, he goes to Jakarta regularly. I better pin him down.

Yeah 900 is about right on China, but there are two overnites and the layovers are looooonnnngggg.

Our flight was ~$800 round trip on Continental Micronesia and we didn't have to stay overnight in Guam. We flew from Honolulu on a Saturday, arriving in Bali on Sunday. The next flight from Guam to Bali arrived on Tuesday -- I remember clearly because our luggage was on it! (Great excuse to go shopping our first couple of days!) Of course, this was almost 3 years ago, so I guess prices may have gone way up -- have you checked the Continental web site?

thanks, all. I found 700 tickets through a wholesaler in Honolulu, on Guam via Continental or China Airways, she says. Has anyone been to Ubud, the art town in the mountains? I am looking for a cool place to stay up there the first week, before going to Tulamben.

catherine96821:
thanks, all. I found 700 tickets through a wholesaler in Honolulu, on Guam via Continental or China Airways, she says. Has anyone been to Ubud, the art town in the mountains? I am looking for a cool place to stay up there the first week, before going to Tulamben.

I am definitely checking out that agent in HNL.

Ubud is great! When I return, that will be my base. Good choice. There was a guest house positioned on a cliff or ravine, can't remember the name but it was gorgeous.

Post an inquiry to this group & you will most likely get an answer...
http://www.balitravelforum.com/index.html

thank-you! wow, so many people have scoop. yes, I will post to them about the house. Also, I would like to thank reefwalker (Jeff) for taking the time to answer my questions about the art and providing me a connection... I am buying their book and really appreciate the help!

Reefwalker:
I'd fly Honolulu to east coast Oz (whichever is cheapest) then fly Garuda direct to Denpasar. They (Garuda) also offer an additional 20kgs luggage (total 40kgs per person) for scuba diving equipment, (plus carry on hand luggage) which is great for photographers.
We always fly with Garuda from Oz to Indonesia and in 25 years travelling to/from Indonesia several times a year, we have never had a problem. Last time we flew Qantas, we got delayed for several hours!

25 yrs....okay sounds like you know your stuff...I am looking at Garuda. I am not too much of a worrier, but an Indonesian airline sorta gets me nervous....You like them though, I am guessing? I have never heard of them.

$700 round trip is a fantastic price! Ubud is wonderful -- definitely worth spending a few days there! We stayed at the Four Seasons Sayan, which was heavenly. Have a great trip!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom