Air2 or Octo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubahorse:
octopus or both

then I am not sure what you are asking. The adaptor is to allow a Scubapro/Atomic inflator hose work with a standard lp inflator in the case where the regulator is to work with a standard lp inflator.

what,s all the fuss about "out of air"?Watch your gauges,check your equipment and service it on a regular basis.Get a Pony tank for crying out loud.Redundancy is the key and not dependency!Air II or octo, you still have to control your buoyancy ,the victim (OOA) will never go for your octo,he,ll go for what you,ve got in your mouth.DIR or not the situation will depend on the mental state of the divers and not the equipment.Peace

msandler:
Strictly recreational IMO. As long as you (or your ooa buddy) can bail to the surface, go ahead and use it. One less hose and most dive operators accept it in place of "octo". You will probably want to investigate an Air integrated hoseless computer too. Don't be surprised at the gentle stream of bubbles eminating from the A2. I've seen (corrected) this two different times (diferent divers/units) on the same dive boat.
I,ve got an air2 for a very long time,no service,yes the o-rings will wear out over time,mine,s serviced annually and it never leaks,your tank valve have o-rings too and they often leak(i,ve seen it lol)are tank valves bad now,just like the air2?

alemaozinho:
I,ve got an air2 for a very long time,no service,yes the o-rings will wear out over time,mine,s serviced annually and it never leaks,your tank valve have o-rings too and they often leak(i,ve seen it lol)are tank valves bad now,just like the air2?

Only yours

underwater daphne:
i know how it works. i've had my bc for 12 years with the air2. and still i think an octo is the better choice, laaahh!

adding to that you have a choice what reg your octo will be. the air 2 is limited to the bc.
Well actually your earleir post you said the air comes out of the jacket, so you had it 12 years knew how it works then forgot when you made the post hmm.

ShakaZulu:
Still don't get it, a DM that is promoting the use of an AIR2, c'mon now.........
not really promoting them anymore, but i find at least half the ANTI AIR2 posts are just spotuing untruths, like daphne's first post that with an air 2 you breathe from your jacket, err no you dont, someone else said your ooa buddy will be breathing form your air2 , no they wont. it goes on

The Air2 certainly has it's place in diving...it just doesn't work for me, and a lot of others.

If I were to have shown up to one of my cave diving classes with an Air2, I would have been laughed at - and that's putting it mildly. They just don't work for doing serious and/or technical diving. But for shallower recreational stuff they certainly have their place. Even there, I still favor an octopus but that's just from the cave training...it's kind of instilled.

as a quick update since my first post in this thread - i decided to go with a diverite octo. It was less than half the price of the Atomic SS1. I'm sure the Atomic would work fine in a recreational setting, but in the end i like the idea of not having my octo connected to my inflator hose. plus, I only paid $70 for the hose and the reg, and it breathes great.

thanks for all the opinions and advice - much appreciated!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom