Air-Integrated Computers

Air-Integration:

• A useful and convenient feature. My computer has it OR if I were buying one I would get AI

Votes: 258 69.7%
  • A useful feature, but isn’t worth the $$$

Votes: 57 15.4%
  • A useless gimmick to relieve newbies like Lemonade of their money

Votes: 41 11.1%
  • Tables are diver’s best friends

Votes: 14 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What about those Inspirations? I hear they are hella expensive to operate... Like that each dive, which would cost me around $ for air, costs you some $80 on scrubbers.

I've also heard that you guys can stay down much longer and dive much deeper than OC systems.

What's the real deal?

the fact that air integrated computers monitor your breathing rate, thereby adjusting your bottom time (i.e less if you are breathing heavy or more if you not).

I am also interested in buying my first computer so can anyone clear this up for me?

Based on the thread so far I'm getting the impression that air-integration's only use is replacing your pressure guage.

Thanks,
Joe

I love my AI Cobra... it lets me know the ENTIRE story as it is playing out. How long down, no deco time left (or time that I have to deco), air time left, depth, temp, and I don't have to fumble with multiple devices. Many say that it is too conservative... maybe I am too!

I currently use a Genesis ReAct non intergrated.

That being said, I am in the market for an AI just for the fun of it. I think that some of the features are pretty neat from a recreational standpoint and I'd like to have them for that purpose only.

Thank you for all the opinions.

Couple weeks ago I got myself Aeris 750GT.
Dove it just three times, not much to make any solid conclusions, time will show, but so far it's everything that I hoped it to be. Ve-eeeery nice. :thumb:

Now, another question.

I've had the Cobra since I started, and everything NetDoc said is true. What a great computer. I recently bought a Vyper for my wrist, for redundancy. It compliments the Cobra nicely because the menu system is laid out the same, only missing the air pressure on the Vyper.

AltonK once bubbled...
be careful with the hoseless computers around metal I've had mine go mindless a couple times near wrecks and have a spg as backup

That's interesting...

Anyone else had the same problem? Up to this point, I'd thought that all of the hoseless "bugs" had been worked out...

How long did this "mindlessness" last?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom