Air fills near Cheboygan Michigan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rogers City has Air, nitrox, and I think trimix. Here is Steve's contact information call ahead to make sure some one is at the shop:
Welcome To Great Lakes Divers

Then farther South in Alpena is Thunder Bay Scuba:
Thunder Bay Scuba

I'm not sure if Mackinaw or St. Ignace has a fill station

St. Ignas has air IF Larry is there, he has a small shop "Straits Scuba" at the Star Line docks and runs a couple of charter boats (his large boat is out of the water for repairs right now). You need to call first his number is 810-240-4320. We got fills last year from Rick Hoig in Pellston. You can call him at 231-330-0504. He has a compressor set-up in his garage.

Straits Scuba is EXCELLENT at accommodating you for air fills. Bunch of great guys. (Of course there's bridge fees both there and back).... What are you planning on diving off of Cheboygan?

In addition to the lumber mills, there are the following wrecks right around Cheboygan.
J.H. Outhwaite
Henry Clay
Albemarle
St. Andrew
Genesee Chief
Leviathan
Islander? /Dump
L.B. Coates
Myrtie M. Ross
Harbor Tug

Thanks for the air fill info. What is nice about Cheboygan is it is about half way between Mackinac and Alpena.

I'd appreciate a dive report afterwards. It would be nice to read. Thanks.

We were there (Cheboygan) from Monday (14) thru Sunday (20) and the weather co-operated the entire time. The water temperature was mild, warmer than the air all the way down to 30' and grubbing in Duncan Bay was great. Tuesday was a scanning day and the rest diving. Visibility from the surface down was +15 feet which was great for shallow grubbing and checking out the 4 shallow wrecks in Duncan Bay. Further up the coast "The False Clay" (at 60') was fine with a wet suit and visibility 30' until we started mucking up the bottom going thru the various openings. :) Since we only took 10 tanks (not counting bail-outs), have to give "Thanks" to Rick Hoig (Pellston) for providing air refills so we could continue diving thru the week. There was some "treasure" found (in the dump area as we call it) during our grubbing. I had a heck of a good time!!!

Attachments

• Cheboygan Treasures 1.jpg
    Cheboygan Treasures 1.jpg
    409.5 KB · Views: 125
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom