Air fare bargains are appearing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HOME SAFE, SHELTERING IN PLACE.

It was nice to sleep in my own bed last night. Still tired. 1500 miles of exploring Texas, camping some, taking photos of courthouses, leaving new flowers at ancestors' graves downstate. I kept my distance from others. Easy to do camping, driving zig-zag routes to visit county seats, visiting cemeteries. I avoided going inside courthouses.

I need to do some grocery shopping. I think I'll hit Seniors' Hours Monday early. I checked with my brother and sister-in-law who are much more vulnerable than I to see if they needed anything left on their porch. They're natural hoarders so are well stocked, but I'll keep checking.

Only to-go meals was a challenge as I usually use mealtime breaks to rest when exploring, but a minor bother.

Non-stop return tickets to Cancun over the July 4th weekend are $151. Such a tease.

Some thoughts on current low airfares:
Why Are Airlines Pricing Below Marginal Cost?
I have read statements that declare that riding in a plane is safer than most places you can go with the high degree of filtering they use and that the airflow in the cabin is from ceiling to floor, but speaking only for myself there's no way I'd fly anywhere right now. For a couple of things, I'd have to deal with ground transport and the airport, and that's not to mention what the hazard level would be anywhere I would care to go and how endangered of exposure from me the people there would feel when I arrived.

I have read statements that declare that riding in a plane is safer than most places you can go with the high degree of filtering they use and that the airflow in the cabin is from ceiling to floor, but speaking only for myself there's no way I'd fly anywhere right now. For a couple of things, I'd have to deal with ground transport and the airport, and that's not to mention what the hazard level would be anywhere I would care to go and how endangered of exposure from me the people there would feel when I arrived.

Well said.

Lubbock to Fresno for $154 RT each Memorial Day weekend. I've always wanted to show the Giant trees to the kids.

At those prices, we could gamble, hope the crisis is over by then, then bail if needed.

At those prices, we could gamble, hope the crisis is over by then, then bail if needed.

Most (all?) the majors are offering a one-time waiver of change fees for tickets purchased before 15-Apr. You don't even need to book the replacement flight when you cancel the original - you can book anytime before the end of the year. Except SWA, which is sticking to it's standard change policy.

Non-stop return tickets to Cancun over the July 4th weekend are $151. Such a tease.

We flew into Cancun last week of February for $162 RT and there were no CV worries at the time.

I think we're going to visit Sequoia If it's open by Memorial day.
We flew into Cancun last week of February for $162 RT and there were no CV worries at the time.
SWA effect.

Back
Top Bottom