After 20 years, need one last dive (Lake Travis)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drat! And I was there only last weekend! I would have loved to join up with this search team. Oh, well... ya'll have fun and give us a report soon, okay?

Are Windy Point Park and Bob Wentz Park (at Windy Point) the same thing?

Here's a google map link: Bob Wentz Park - Google Maps

There are two parks on Windy Point...Windy Point Park and Bob Wentz Park. Bob Wentz is where we will be. It is a county park and there are signs pointing you in the right direction. If you park and then go to pay your admission to a guy in glasses and a t-shirt named Richard you are at the wrong park. If you have to stop at the ranger station to pay your admission before you park you are in the right place. Simple enough, huh? :D

Bob Wentz Park is obvious on the map I linked to above. I don't think you'll have trouble finding it...especially with all your geocache experience. :wink:

Bob Wentz Park is obvious on the map. I don't think you'll have trouble finding it...especially with all your geocache experience. :wink:
Hehe, that basically confirms what I figured after looking at the Google Maps Street View of the area, although Google didn't mention Richard. :biggrin:

Chances are, I'll be in the vicinity before the clock rolls around to 9:00am. (I even get to 7am boats before the crew... go figure.) I suppose that means I should be able to find parking. :wink:

Let's see... can a geocacher figure out how to get 8 hours away in less than 16 hours using nothing but three GPS receivers (with a few phones as backup)?

By the way, I've got a spare Gekko, which I'll have with me. (It's my "loaner" -- I have multiple [-]cheap[/-] poor buddies. :biggrin:) If you don't have one, bc, it's yours for the day. I'll even download and send you your profiles so you'll have log decorations. :)

And now it's time for me to hit the road. (Gotta have time for a rest area nap or two.)

Wow! Clayjar, I know you won't see this message for a day or two; but,
That's impressive! You're willing to drive some great distance there from Baton Rouge to Austin involving overnight / rest area stays and sleeps just to go diving.

Now, that's dedication to diving.

Wow! ClayJar[...]

Now, that's dedication to diving.
Hehe, well if you say so. :biggrin:

Passing Houston now. See you in the AM.

Told you I'd be here early. :wink: Now I get to keep reading my book. :biggrin:

Clayjar, If I would have realized where you were driving from, I could have come with you and given you some road company and another set of eyes in the water. I live in Baton Rouge as well.

Aww, man, it would have been good to see you, Kenny.

To the surprise of several posters on this thread Barry turned out to be in excellent shape, came in the right frame of mind and didn't look like he'd been out of the water for 20 years. He had no problem on the check out dive and...well, I'l let him fill you in on the rest. :wink:
Clayjar, If I would have realized where you were driving from, I could have come with you and given you some road company and another set of eyes in the water. I live in Baton Rouge as well.

Voodoo Reef and I were diving out at Mansfield and ran into BCWatson and Clayjar. Victory photo attached. Congrats!

Attachments

• geocachers.jpg
    geocachers.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 70

Back
Top Bottom