Aeris 2 Downloads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive California

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
:confused:Why are there so many problems with downloading on this site...I notice most questions are not answered...but I'll try anyways...

I have an Aeris 2 and have been downloading just fine for 2 years. Lately I get the "Starting Handshake" then the "Please Wait"...then I get licked out of the mode and back to my log....I'll do this for about 20 tries and then it works....except now...after 100 tries and me ready to throw my Aeris away and but some other computer...HELP! Please.:shakehead:

The thread doesn't get answered probably because it has been answered before. I have found that for the rare occasion that I have troubles I reboot my PC with the Atmos hooked up.

My guess is that the download connector doesn't fit quite as tight in the hole on the Aeris 2
as it used to.

First, if you are running 2.x ACI, look at the top line of the download dialog window.
(The one that comes up after you click [+] and select your computer type)
If you see: "USB Interface NOT FOUND", in red you have a connection issue
between the PC and the download cable or a USB driver issue.
If you see: "USB Interface FOUND", then the PC sees the USB data cable
and its not a driver or USB issue.

Aeris has a nice trouble shooting guide to aid with resolving this issue:
Aeris USB not Found Trouble Shooting Guide

If the connection to the Dive computer is loose or there is some water on the
contacts that detect "H2O" mode, you will see the behavior you are experiencing.

Check the "springiness" of the pins on your USB connector.
With the USB cable disconnected, push on the 3 little pins in the connector
that attaches to your dive computer and make sure they spring back into position.

You could try pushing/holding the connector in the Aeris with a slight
pressure to see if that improves the connection.
I have to do this sometimes on my wife's Aeris AI.

Just a few ideas.

--- bill

Make sure the connector is dry. If you just rinsed your gear then it may be just drying out after 20 tries.

Pete

I have to hold my connector and computer so contact is made. Sometimes I get it on the first try other times (like last night damn it!) I have to do it a few times to get it to go...my dive buddy also said that if he uses a different USB port than the one he used the first time he used it, his doesn't work..I haven't tested his theory.

It's a pain, but it eventually works!

Yes it is a pain...if so many Aeris users are experiencing these same issues, you'd think it would get fixed. Perhaps it's just one of the issues one must deal with when dealing with electonics in salt water....

I have tried many of the suggestions given. Bill, I think you may be correct in your thinking.

Again...what is most intersting here...is this site was set-up for the manufacturer...even avertized on their web-page...and it seems most times the answers/suggestions come from fellow ScubaBoard people. Where are the Manufactuers? Hmmmmm.

Yes it is a pain...if so many Aeris users are experiencing these same issues, you'd think it would get fixed. Perhaps it's just one of the issues one must deal with when dealing with electonics in salt water....

I have tried many of the suggestions given. Bill, I think you may be correct in your thinking.

Again...what is most intersting here...is this site was set-up for the manufacturer...even avertized on their web-page...and it seems most times the answers/suggestions come from fellow ScubaBoard people. Where are the Manufactuers? Hmmmmm.

I think what would really help would be if Oceanic/Pelagic were to go to IR
instead of using a mechanical connection for the serial port.
Then, many of these mechanical connection & wet contacts issues would go away.
IR might use more battery power though....

--- bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom