Adios FMM?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NDL_Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Heard FMM card is no longer required (as on today?) They now write in on passport stamp number of days you are allowed in country. Can someone confirm?

The immigration form I filled out on-line simply stated it was only good for 30 days.
You arrived Friday, right? Did they process the form that you had printed?

I did not see a 30-day limit on mine. I selected a return date a month later than planned just in case of delays leaving.

Here are a few reports from other areas of Mexico.

I did not see a 30-day limit on mine. I selected a return date a month later than planned just in case of delays leaving.
We arrived on Saturday and they were requiring passengers to either fill out the form or have the on-line form.

That sounds like the smart thing to do as a general practice. Cover the bases. It's not like they are going to refuse to let you leave earlier.

That sounds like the smart thing to do as a general practice. Cover the bases. It's not like they are going to refuse to let you leave earlier.
I think I have heard of hassles some incurred when they had to extend their stay with the plague. Something about going to an office to make the extension legal.

I think I have heard of hassles some incurred when they had to extend their stay with the plague. Something about going to an office to make the extension legal.

I've seen the same concerns on various groups. Some have said you have to go to the main office in Cancun. Which seems rather silly. If you test positive you're supposed to be quarantining, right? Not traipsing around to offices, leaving a trail of contagion. I'm not sure if it's the policy but you're FMM should be automatically valid until a few days after a negative test, provided you had a positive test within a few days before it expired.

Back
Top Bottom