AA just cancelled my flight to Coz 7/28

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Delta to cancun isn't horrible and I like the anticipation of the journey on the bus and ferry. It gives me a sense of arrival that just plopping down doesn't do.

But that's probably cause I can't get a direct flight to Coz.

I think travel planning in 2020 is going to require a great deal more flexibility and patience than most of us are accustomed to. Along with that is what appears to be a worrying uptick of COVID cases that is likely to create more potential for exposure during travel status.

Just to be clear, United isn’t any better. I think I am around 11 trips cancelled on United (most to Coz )! They haven’t sent me a single email. I find out when I check the app. Utterly ridiculous they can’t send an email when they cancel a flight. Also the app frequently makes you “accept changes” before you can do anything to the reservation. I wind up having to just call because I don’t want to accept changes in a flight that has been cancelled.

People might be more understanding if they hasn’t been trying so hard to screw over customers before the pandemic

For sure Mediumoneand Cozcharlie! It took over a month to get my refund processed by UA after multiple refusals to refund. It took 2 DOT notices before UA decided to follow the law. I’m sure I’ll have to fly with them again as there’s not very many options with about 4-5 main airlines in the US, but for now they’re at the bottom of my list when exploring options.

I’m under no illusion that airlines are not on my side with customer service. With the way the current laws are in this country they hold most of the cards and don’t hesitate to use it to their full advantage.

People might be more understanding if they hasn’t been trying so hard to screw over customers before the pandemic
And after the taxpayer funded bailouts because they spent their savings on stock buyouts.

AA did not notify me, but they've changed my reservations. Instead of a two-hour layover at DFW, I now have a SIX-HOUR layover on the way to CZM. Maybe my luggage will be on the same plane...

AA was just able to rebook me on the LAX-DFW-CZM route that Don shows in Post #3. The DFW-CZM flight was unchanged; it was my flight to Dallas in the morning that AA had cancelled.

My apologies, again, to anyone that may have been unnerved by the thought of flights to Coz being cancelled. Keeping my fingers crossed that July 28 we'll be there.

Damn. We're booked on AA from LAX via DFW to CZM on August 1... No messages from AA, yet.

I assumed wrong. My flight from DFW to CZM is fine. It was my earlier flight, from California to DFW, that AA had cancelled. All is well... and if you're flying in 8/1 we might end up crossing paths.

AA did not notify me, but they've changed my reservations. Instead of a two-hour layover at DFW, I now have a SIX-HOUR layover on the way to CZM. Maybe my luggage will be on the same plane...

I just noticed you're from so Cal... I was originally booked on a 6am flight out of Ontario to DFW. That was the flight AA cancelled. I just rebooked the 6:00am out of LAX, arrives DFW 11:03am.

I can beat that.

We were boarded (AA) but had to wait for over an hour for them to clean up a fuel spill on the tarmac, caused by a faulty shut-off valve.

Of course, we arrived in DFW nearly 1 1/2 hours late, ran through the airport, only to have them shut the jetway door in our faces. Well, that's an exaggeration - we were standing at the counter.

Next flight was in 4 hours.

They are a foul collection of humans.

In defense of AA (go ahead, throw virtual tomatoes...), I have an equally astounding story... but just the opposite of your experience.

Summer 2007 my son and I were going to fly to Rome... LAX-ORD-FCO. Our flight was to leave LAX at 9am and arrive ORD so we'd have a three hour layover before the flight to Rome departed. I thought it was the perfect schedule... a few hours in O'Hare to grab some lunch, and gave us plenty of time in case something went sideways.

Or so I thought. Check in early at LAX and wait. And then we're told that due to thunderstorms in the midwest, the planes are behind schedule... so the planes that were supposed to depart LAX in the morning were still on their way.

We waited a while and after an hour we were finally given a new departure time: exactly three hours later than scheduled. Which means my layover had just been reduced to exactly zero. I asked the CSR at the gate what would happen, she punched some stuff in the computer and told me "well, there are 19 of you on this flight that are making that connection. They'll hold the plane for you."

We depart LAX and have an uneventful flight to Chicago. As we are preparing to land, the FA announces that she needs everyone to stay seated when we land, the 19 connecting to FCO are to get out first. They parked our arriving plane at a gate adjacent to our departing plane. Everyone cooperated, we walked (ran...) off the one plane and onto the next. They closed the door and we pushed back from the gate.

As we're in the air, I thought "whew, that was close... but we made it." Followed by my next thought: "what about our luggage?!?"

Got to Rome, luggage was there too. The baggage handlers must have been moving faster than we did.

Does go to show that the airlines are capable, when they want to, of allowing people to make their connections.

Delta to cancun isn't horrible and I like the anticipation of the journey on the bus and ferry. It gives me a sense of arrival that just plopping down doesn't do.

But that's probably cause I can't get a direct flight to Coz.

There is an element of fun to the bus and ferry, and the anticipation of arrival on the island. But it's balanced by the time and effort required. Always been a coin flip for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom