AA just cancelled my flight to Coz 7/28

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Damn. We're booked on AA from LAX via DFW to CZM on August 1... No messages from AA, yet.
Have you checked? They're still selling tickets from LAX and some other airports.

000.jpg

We hadn't flown with AA for years. Three weeks ago we needed to go to Q. Roo and the only reasonable way was AA out of Spokane to Dallas, overnight in Dallas and then to Cancun. On the return we could stay overnight or pay $90 extra for an early flight out of Cancun, a short layover in Dallas and get to Spokane around noon. I opted to pay the extra money. Then I got the notice that they had canceled the early flight out of Cancun and we had the layover in Dallas. Do you think they refunded the extra money I had paid?

I can beat that.

We were boarded (AA) but had to wait for over an hour for them to clean up a fuel spill on the tarmac, caused by a faulty shut-off valve.

Of course, we arrived in DFW nearly 1 1/2 hours late, ran through the airport, only to have them shut the jetway door in our faces. Well, that's an exaggeration - we were standing at the counter.

Next flight was in 4 hours.

They are a foul collection of humans.

I can beat that.

We were boarded (AA) but had to wait for over an hour for them to clean up a fuel spill on the tarmac, caused by a faulty shut-off valve.

Of course, we arrived in DFW nearly 1 1/2 hours late, ran through the airport, only to have them shut the jetway door in our faces. Well, that's an exaggeration - we were standing at the counter.

Next flight was in 4 hours.

They are a foul collection of humans.
That is kind of my opinion at this point. I would fly with them again. But they would have to be the only option or really, really cheap.

Yeah, American still has not notified me or my daughter who bought separate tickets that they canceled our Lubbock to Phoenix flights in late July. I had done a random check and saw that they have us going thru DFW now to & from Fresno.

Same here. AA changed my return connecting flight. Get into DFW from Coz and originally had a 2 hr layover. Now connecting flight departs 10 minutes after I land. Just checked on the AA app a few days ago and saw the schedule change but not email or text notification. Trying to figure out options as my original flight got me back to SEA same day, now options on AA are overnight. Might cancel and rebook, or just cancel and try again in spring.

Currently AA is operating with a reduced schedule. Many of the early and late flights are not running

Just to be clear, United isn’t any better. I think I am around 11 trips cancelled on United (most to Coz )! They haven’t sent me a single email. I find out when I check the app. Utterly ridiculous they can’t send an email when they cancel a flight. Also the app frequently makes you “accept changes” before you can do anything to the reservation. I wind up having to just call because I don’t want to accept changes in a flight that has been cancelled.

People might be more understanding if they hasn’t been trying so hard to screw over customers before the pandemic

Back
Top Bottom