A list of lakes. Who's game?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah we really need to get this all sorted out there has got to be some decent lakes relatively close. Do you know how to find out who owns that sandpit?

I was doing some boat fishing with some friends two years back at a lake (forgot the name, but I'll find out) just north of Ft.Collins on Hy 1 and it had amazing vis (+25 ft.) with a nice forest of large kelp that would be really easy to swim through. Sense that day I saw that lake I told myself that I need to get into lake diving. I could find out what that lake was, although my experience with mountain lakes are some days they are stirred up pretty bad, some days they are really nice; hard to plan around so knowing a few local places would help in getting a good dive in without to much driving around :D

Yeah we really need to get this all sorted out there has got to be some decent lakes relatively close. Do you know how to find out who owns that sandpit?

I think that it would be worth going there and at least getting the address. Then we can access public records at the courthouse, and look it up. Its pretty easy, we just gots to find the time!:D

I was doing some boat fishing with some friends two years back at a lake (forgot the name, but I'll find out) just north of Ft.Collins on Hy 1 and it had amazing vis (+25 ft.) with a nice forest of large kelp that would be really easy to swim through. Sense that day I saw that lake I told myself that I need to get into lake diving. I could find out what that lake was, although my experience with mountain lakes are some days they are stirred up pretty bad, some days they are really nice; hard to plan around so knowing a few local places would help in getting a good dive in without to much driving around :D

is that terry lake?

Tuesday might work for me! Got to let me know ASAP before something fills it!

I know of a private lake on hwy 1 and Douglas road. It is a natural/spring fed lake, and I imagine that it might be good. Its on the east side of hwy 1. Then there are more lakes after Terry lake as you go north, but they are all shallow reservoirs.

I dove Douglas Lake and I could almost see my gauges when I held them up close to my mask. My buddy and I were leashed together. There would have been no other way to keep contact.

I pretty much don't even want to try shallow reservoirs anymore.:11doh:

is that terry lake?

My friend took me out to the lake I mentioned; he lives on Terry and I don't think that would be a good dive spot at all but I don't know first hand. This one was a bit north of Terry, almost exactly west of Wellington by 5 or ten miles. Next time I talk to him I'll ask him the name if the place. I'm pretty sure it's public but I don't know if it is legal to swim/dive there. I'll find out and post any info I find. I will also keep my eyes and ears open for some potential spots for diving.

Happy divin!!!

I know of a private lake on hwy 1 and Douglas road. It is a natural/spring fed lake, and I imagine that it might be good. Its on the east side of hwy 1. Then there are more lakes after Terry lake as you go north, but they are all shallow reservoirs.

I dove Douglas Lake and I could almost see my gauges when I held them up close to my mask. My buddy and I were leashed together. There would have been no other way to keep contact.

I pretty much don't even want to try shallow reservoirs anymore.:11doh:

That private lake sounds very interesting, I assume that natural/spring fed lakes tend to be a touch cooler then a reservoir but I can only imagine what there is to see down there!!!

As a new diver, I would like to try all environments including 0 vis reservoirs. maybe after I finish my AOW and I need practice with search and recovery and navigation. my very first open dive was about 50 meters from shore in Mexico and the vis was 0-5 ft. it was still a good experience even though half of the group split up and literally disappeared. My buddy was the DM, so he surfaced us, I floated around while he would watch for bubbles then go grab each single person. after he got the yahoo's up and back on the boat, him and I went back down to preform the tests. not the best first dive although the objective was obtained and it was interesting to see how some new divers act and how the DM reacted...

Tuesday the 8th lets go ... anywhere, Carter, Horsetooth , Mud Puddles anywhere I am ready!!

Back
Top Bottom