A list of lakes. Who's game?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since you and I talked about this at the LDS, you know I'm in. Good opportunity to get RedDiver970's dry suit class done too.

I'd like to participate too, but I'm 2-1/2 hours away from you guys in Ft Collins so afternoons/evening dives are out of the question. I'll see if I can join you on weekends, but this month is pretty much packed already.

Post your plans and I'll see if I can work something out.

Well today is Tuesday so thats out!

This Saturday is a possibility, but I may go to Crested Butte for the weekend. Not sure yet, but will decide Thursday evening based on some important business.

Tuesday the 8th or Wednesday the 9th, afternoons are both good for me.

The next weekend (12th and 13th) is a Blue Hole trip for me. Anyone else want to go to BH?

So, if we try Red Feather lakes this time, we can try the Cameron Pass Lakes next time. If we pick a day here and there, we might check them all out by Novembrrrrr!

I was at Red Feather today, took my kids fishing. From the surface the vis doesn't look good maybe 3 feet, it is possible that it could open up a little deeper but I doubt it. This was at Dowdy and West Lake looked worse.

I will check and see how things are looking in my Nebraska lakes, they are shallow 20 feet but lots of fish, earlier this year they weren't looking as good as normal but they can have 15 to 20 feet of vis. If anyone is interested it is about two and half to three hour drive from Fort Collins, also Lake Pactola in South Dakota about 6 hours can be excellent, I haven't dove their in about ten years though.

Hmmm. Weird. Last time I was up at Red Feather, the lakes were crystal clear. From a high vantage point I could look to the bottom out toward the middle and I could see pretty much every fish in the lake. I wonder if there is an algea bloom or if its run-off.
Maybe we should just go on up to Chambers Lake and the Cameron Pass area.

Hello everyone, I thought I would say hi 'cause I've been lurking quite a bit... name is Spencer, just got my OW c-card (PADI) and I am looking forward to doing a drysuit & alt diving course because I would really like to start doing local lakes and work up to Lake Tahoe. I havn't had the time to visit the LDS, but would really like to connect with a group that practices safe & fun diving that doesn't require a plane ride or drive over a high alt pass.
anyway, hopefully at some point there I can get my class work in and meet some buddies to do some local lake diving.
in the meantime, take care and have some great dives! :D

Hi Spencer,
I'm glad you poked you head in!
Congrats on getting your C-Card!
We would love to have you join us on local dives...but you pretty much need to get moving with your drysuit idea!
I'll PM about getting the Alt and Drysuit Specialties.

Has anyone of you guys ever checked out the sandpit just south of Eisenhower Blvd. on Wilson Ave. in Loveland . It is on the East side of Wilson just a little past the Walgreens, I stopped and looked a few years back and it was pretty clear. It is private property, I don't know who owns it I have never seen people on the property. Just a thought.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom