A day on Cape Ann

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great pic of the sea raven...I had never heard of them before. Beautiful coloring....Since I was not familiar with that type of fish I did a search and found several sites with some pics and info that might help Sunshine decide if she, too, saw a sea raven on the lobster boat.

It is Herb Segar's website www.gotosnapshot.com/Sea_Raven/SeaRaven_catalog.html

He's got about 16 shots from different angles - you can check out the head and mouth.

Thanks again, Jeff, for the picture.

I was really happy we got to see one with such a cool (and photogenic) coloration. I'd seen a few before, but always greyish brown.

The lobsterman also called it a Sculpin so I'm pretty sure that's what we caught in the lobster trap. Coolest fish I have seen in a while. Makes me want to go diving just to encounter one of those.

Thanks TropiGal!

Originally posted by TropiGal
Great pic of the sea raven...I had never heard of them before. Beautiful coloring....Since I was not familiar with that type of fish I did a search and found several sites with some pics and info that might help Sunshine decide if she, too, saw a sea raven on the lobster boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom