A day on Cape Ann

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You definately seemed a little panicy, but I can't say if that was the cause of your hyperventillation, or a symptom. I'll be interested to see what the response to your thread is.

In any case, it was a pleasure diving with you, and I'm always happy to rescue a buddy in need. I'm just glad I was able to help.

I started the surface swim kind of gasping for air, tried my snorkel but at that point I still couldn't catch my breath, that is when I started to get panicky. So the hyperventilation was the cause of my panic, question is, what caused me to hyperventilate?? Anxiety? Perhaps, but I believe the anxiety started below the surface which doesn't make sense because I was pretty comfortable for the most part and I was really enjoying bottom time until I felt I was working for breath, hence my incessant gauge checking and desire to get to shore.

Matt, by the way, panicky is with a "k", I checked... I told you, I am a compulsive spellchecker...

Hi
I love diving off cape ann. :)
I just got my shift changed (work 6 days get 2 off my days off change by one day every week. :-( I have tuesday and wednesday this week thursday friday next week and so on.)
Im looking for a buddy to dive during the week or dive after work
I get out at 3pm. I was diving every sunday so this is a killer for me. Boy am I going to miss those lobsters :)
Rick L

Originally posted by shellbird
Perhaps, but I believe the anxiety started below the surface which doesn't make sense because I was pretty comfortable for the most part

Well, except for the fact that you were a little low on air, and you were watching us try and figure out where the h**l we were!

I told you, I am a compulsive spellchecker...

Oh... not good! My spelling is absolutely abysmal! Well, I know when it looks mis-spelled, but I just don't really care to take the time to look it up! :)

I had no clue you guys were turned around navigationally, ignorance is bliss. I thought you were goofing off still looking for more bugs! :confused:

Originally posted by MSilvia
we may have been turned around, but we were still looking for bugs!

Exactly... what do you think that extra 500 psi is for? That's the reserve in case if you find the premier bug while your heading back to shore! :)

Can't believe I dove with you guys... :wink:

Did we mention, no bugs for eating, empty handed, all for naught?

Originally posted by funky__monks
MSilvia, Bushman and I got out for a night dive this evening at Back Beach....Due to the poor vis, the picture has a lot of backscatter, but it's one of the best of the bunch:

Jeff - The photo of the sea raven is great! Do you have a front view of it? Does it have big lips and opens it mouth real wide all the time? I was in Maine a few weekends ago on a lobster boat and when the lobsterman pulled up a trap, there was a fish that looks a lot like the one in your photo. He said it was pre-historic and called it a "mother-in-law" fish. :) I think it could've been a sea raven.

Sandy

PS - Thanks for reporting on your dives and helping me live vicariously.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom