A day on Cape Ann

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

and yes, just like on land it's somewhat darker than being under bright sunlight... more or less what you'd expect. Provided the ocean isn't unruly, the diving itself shouldn't be bad.

I think the worst of it is that you can't dry off in the sun between dives, so make sure you bring a few towels, a raincoat, and some warm clothes.

The weathermen seem be be fairly WRONG lately, let's hope that perhaps they made a gross miscalculation...

Originally posted by shellbird
The weathermen seem be be fairly WRONG lately, let's hope that perhaps they made a gross miscalculation...

It's _way_ to early to be concerned about the weather. It's all random guessing, with a 50-70% chance of being right the day before! :)

I missed the post, and the wife and I are going out friday (tommorrow) with cape ann divers to the Isle of Shoals. Makes Sat impossible. We will make the next trip though.

Went out with my son today, dove from Old Garden and got 7 bugs. I really enjoy getting out with one of the kids when I can.

Weather was beautiful. There was a little surf though. The wind has been from the NNE and that does affect the visibility. Hopefully as the weatherman has said the wind should shift to a westerly direction tonight. If it does it will give better visability.

Bugs were at 30-35 ft during high tide, good luck :)

Originally posted by livestodive

Weather was beautiful. There was a little surf though. The wind has been from the NNE and that does affect the visibility.

MSilvia, Bushman and I got out for a night dive this evening at Back Beach. MSilvia forgot to check his tanks before he came, and he only had one tank so we only did one dive [although it got a little late, so we probably wouldn't have done a second anyway]. I also had forgotten my primary light, so MSilvia wasn't the only one with his brain on backwards this morning!

Weather was great, a little chilly. Vis was absolutely terrible, but it was bearable as we got out to deeper water. Surge was present the whole time, but aside of a couple un-announced games of underwater twister when the current hit the surge just right, it wasn't bad. [If the vis was better, we could have been a little farther apart and prevented the U/W twister games! :)]

The turning point of the dive couldn't have been any better. We had been out for about 25 minutes when MSilvia's waved his light around to get our attention. As I swam up, I saw he was looking at a lobster trap. I first saw a 3 way lobster fight [perhaps they were playing their own game of underwater twister], and then I saw the Sea Raven hanging out on top of the trap.

Due to the poor vis, the picture has a lot of backscatter, but it's one of the best of the bunch:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom