A career as a dive instructor - realistic or idealistic?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fotoz4FX:
Sirenita... I think maybe you better update your profile. Divemasters HAVE to log at least 60 dives and you only show about 16-50?
That functionality is temporarily unavailable...

CONGRATS!!!!

I'll be starting my DiveMaster Internship in a few weeks and I'm stoked!

Sirenita:
I'm very proud to announce that I am a Dive Master now! I am taking a couple of days off to recover from my celebrations which kicked off in grand style with the "snorkel"...a compulsory rite of initiation into pro dive ranks!
:wave-smil

Nice one !!

Well done Lis! Good on ya! Hope the 'Snorkel' hasn't knocked you too much! ha ha

So a few days off then? Great opportunity to return my email!!:D

Well done chick:coffee: Hope i get the same encouragement when i'm there on mine:)

Fotoz4FX:
Sirenita... I think maybe you better update your profile. Divemasters HAVE to log at least 60 dives and you only show about 16-50?

Anyway... big congrats and a hug from someone who waited over 30 years and nearly 3000 dives before going where you are already.

No regrets.:lol:

Thanks all for your congratulations!! (BIG GRIN!) I would love to update my dive info but the link does not work yet :( Come on technical team! :)

I start work as a DM tomorrow, bright and early (7.30 am...shock horror...haha), assisting an instructor on the customer boat with DSD's and OW's, and my plan is to continue to do that until mid September when I launch into my IDC and IE! No better way to keep my skill circuits up than by practicing them with real students!

Scotty g:
Well done Lis! Good on ya! Hope the 'Snorkel' hasn't knocked you too much! ha ha

So a few days off then? Great opportunity to return my email!!:D

Well done chick:coffee: Hope i get the same encouragement when i'm there on mine:)

Hehe..yes, I will return your email...I just keep getting distracted, bear with me :)

Oh, if anyone wants to see some photos of me at the DM party with the snorkel, I have posted a couple at www.lisaevans.blogspot.com!! I warn you, I am wearing boxer shorts on my head! lol

Sirenita:
No better way to keep my skill circuits up than by practicing them with real students!
Too true !! Try and work with as many different instructors as possible in that time too - everyone does things slightly different and you'll pick up lots of little tips along the way !!

Hi Lisa,
I just read your complete Blog. You should seriously consider becoming a novelist. You have this amazing gift of putting word to the paper.

andydiver06:
Hi Lisa,
I just read your complete Blog. You should seriously consider becoming a novelist. You have this amazing gift of putting word to the paper.

I'll second this. Very clever way with words. Some hidden talent there for definite!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom