A career as a dive instructor - realistic or idealistic?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Colin has recently moved over to Mermaids to do his IDC staff, and had a fantastic time helping teach an ERD course. Check out these pictures:

Copy_of_P7020124.jpg

Copy_of_P7020117.JPG

Hey,

What a great thread! I am nearly confirmed to be doing the exact same as you Sirenita, at Mermaids in January 07. Therfore this thread is of most interest! Keep posting! Plus points, negative points - but it's all so valuable! Nice range of answers and points which are exactly the same questions i am asking myself right about now with an anticipated 6 months to go!

Excellent!

p.s. also good to hear some instructors here who are fair to people who wish to conduct their diving through this route. All i hear in forums about this so far is "cheap and easy route"

I'm very proud to announce that I am a Dive Master now! I am taking a couple of days off to recover from my celebrations which kicked off in grand style with the "snorkel"...a compulsory rite of initiation into pro dive ranks!

Let me be the first of many to congratulate you.
Enjoy some well earned rest and recuperation.

I see you are still enjoying the life. Whats next, after you update your profile?

Sirenita:
I'm very proud to announce that I am a Dive Master now! I am taking a couple of days off to recover from my celebrations which kicked off in grand style with the "snorkel"...a compulsory rite of initiation into pro dive ranks!
Mucho Congo Rats... :D

Don't forget to sign up for the Instructor to Instructor forum.

Sirenita:
I'm very proud to announce that I am a Dive Master now! I am 9taking a couple of days off to recover from my celebrations which kicked off in grand style with the "snorkel"...a compulsory rite of initiation into pro dive ranks!

Congrats Sirenita!!!
I made my IE in Pattaya last winter. By the way, could you make favos for me. I met some dudes with a DiveCenter (next road to left after Hotel Welcome Jomtien) but lost their Email adress:( Could you take visit to them and PM it to me again:D

Sirenita:

Sirenita... I think maybe you better update your profile. Divemasters HAVE to log at least 60 dives and you only show about 16-50?

Anyway... big congrats and a hug from someone who waited over 30 years and nearly 3000 dives before going where you are already.

No regrets.:lol:

Hi Lisa,
So you made it to the bottom ladder. Congrats and wish you all the luck. So from now onwards you pay your professional liability insurance and PADI membership fees, get paid less than both combined and take care of novice divers. You are having all the fun. Don't visit walking street too much otherwise all you savings will go. Take care.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom