7 Seahorses, 3 Pipefish & a Baby Frogfish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

all of you are making me so homesick for the island, diving, and the gorgeous creatures below the surface! THANK YOU for all the pictures in this thread. Another reason Coz is the best. Congrats on seeing so many unique creatures all on one dive. COOL!

Hi Jeft and Mia, Wow you guys, the photos are wonderful. Looks like you all had a great time. It was nice running into you, good to see you both. How was the weather for your week? Sue Sue

Hi Jeft and Mia, Wow you guys, the photos are wonderful. Looks like you all had a great time. It was nice running into you, good to see you both. How was the weather for your week? Sue Sue

Weather ended up to be gorgeous... couldn't have asked for a better week. The company on the dive boat wasn't too shabby either. Glad we got one day out together!

OK, here goes.... pics of all the different Seahorses we saw at Pasto del Caballito. Christi put up some fabulous shots, now it's my turn :wink:

#1 - I spotted this guy, Mia actually had found this one a few days previous... It's about half the size of some of them, obviously not full grown yet.
1624026297_2422591b66.jpg

#2 - Mia found this one... No matter what I did I couldn't get it to look at me.
1624962950_6112a40954.jpg

#3 - Pedro spotted this guy, He was BIG. We had seen him on a previous dive as well.
1624984228_244efd33bd.jpg

#4 - Christi spotted this one hiding in the weeds...
1624117675_8171e9b520.jpg

#5 - Pedro found this one kinda in the middle of nowhere... It would NOT cooperate, so I took this one pic and moved on.
1625036636_710a40d17e.jpg

#6 - Another Pedro find... This one was also shy and kept turning his back to me.
1625049956_900aeea979.jpg

#7 - Ummm, my battery died so no pic. It was big, brown and just as beautiful as the rest.

Here are 3 others we saw on a night dive (all found by Pedro).

#8 - Beautiful... looks like a Christmas card
1626433989_b87e23aca6.jpg

#9 - Kept moving around, I guess it didn't like our flashlights
1627311912_7016d277e0.jpg

#10 - An absolutely horrible pic... Just because it looks good on the LCD screen doesn't mean it's in focus!
1627306976_951f9edb5b.jpg

Remember these are 10 seperate, distinct seahorses... some we saw more than once on different dives but I think 10 is a high sucess rate. It definitely made our week!

once again, pics are HERE. I'm still editing though, plenty more to come!!!!

wow - what an incredible success rate! I agree, #8 looks like a Christmas card (hhmmmm... have you thought about that?) I can just see Mia spotting and signalling her finds... she's got great skill in finding things.

When I was a little kid, long before I ever thought about being a diver, seahorses were my favorite thing in the world (and I made my folks take me to the Shedd Aquarium to see them). I still adore them, whether in person or looking at the photos.

Thanks to you and Christi for each posting your incredible shots!

XO

OMG Jeff and Mia, WOW. We are really happy, er... jealous, and happy ...REALLY ...that you had a good week. Honestly, the pics are great and we are happy you had a wonderful week too ! Mike and Sue

Very nice, Jeff....very envious....have yet to see a seahorse. We are planning on Coz 2nd week in January.....not that far off!

Well, you need to dive with Pedro at BlueXTSea....We asked for a seahorse sighting, Pedro guaranteed a sighting, and he delivered a sighting at Paradise Reef.

Back
Top Bottom