7 day x 30min Cardio Challenge!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I'm not the only one who's been quiet lately!

Way to go Polly - how fun on the dog walking group!!

Almity - great to hear you're still hitting the workouts with gusto :)

Roy - congrats!

sarita - good for you for sticking to it even on days when your heart wasn't quite in it!

I haven't been doing much of anything since last week. I hurt my hip pretty badly so was taking a walking break, then had a wedding to shoot Saturday so put a lot of stress on it then, didn't walk on Sunday but was feeling a little better - then the monster puppy rammed into my hip at full speed! So that took me out for Monday and Tuesday. I'm going a bit crazy, but the shooting pains are not fun.

I just got back from a 20 minute walk now...it hurt, but I did it anyway. We'll see what the price is as the day goes on. I did take it easy as usually that route only takes me around 15 minutes so I'm trying to find some balance!

Well, all I did was big time walking around the big city, going up the stairs, and not taking the elevator.

Thanks everybody for the happy 250th dive. My next goal is going to be tech diving up to trimix pretty soon once I complete my rescue dive course and get the Padi Master Scuba rating.

But now I am so excited that I cannot wait for my Big Sur trip in my local waters. :D

I walk dogs at my local animal shelter in Grand Prairie, Texas. The dogs love it and it is great exercise! I have been hitting the Stairmaster ( 20 minutes) at the gym now along with 30 - 45 minutes of treadmill. I had a 3 minute step test last Saturday and I went from 168 BPM to 138 BPM. I attribute it all to my Stairmaster work.

I'm in and out.
Struggling at home right now. Trying to stay motivated to go to the gym...even though there's no white dress in my future, I have a bunch of new clothes to keep fitting into... :wink:

But still managing to train for the Virginia 4-Miler coming up in September...my first marathon...no matter how small, it's still a "real" run for me.

Been walking with the doggies and for errands. Our walkmate, Dig, finally got into playtime with the girls the other day so that was fun
CIMG2533.jpg

CIMG2534.jpg

Last night we finally hooked up our Wii Fit for the first time. It's kinda fun. I went through all of the balance and yoga bits, even the extra ones that I "earned". Took about 25 minutes and I'm counting most of it LOL

Turns out I ROCK at yoga but suck at hitting soccer balls with my head and slalom skiing :D

Today I want to do the yoga again and check out the muscle strength and aerobic ones.

Anyone else do the Wii Fit? What do you think? It shows weight and BMI which is nice, even though the BMI is a bit of a joke - it says I'm in the "ideal" range but since most of my weight is fat, I'm pretty sure that's not accurate LOL OH and be advised...when you set it up, your Mii changes...so if you happen to be overweight or obese according to your BMI, your Mii gets rounder!!

weather looks fab alcina!!!

hehehe, my nephew has a wii and he works up a sweat at tennis

saturday im claiming my spring cleaning and this morning i had 6.15am cardio....... a new low for me, on my shuffle run a little old lady walking past overtook me :shakehead:

I'm sorry, Almity, but I HAD to laugh at that visual! You're doing great - that lady was probably just a speed demon!

I haven't gotten the hang of tennis yet...don't really understand how to control the ball all the time :wink: But it's a bit addicting, for sure!

I really like that on the yoga one it has a yellow circle on the screen and you're meant to keep your centre of gravity aligned - then it shows you afterwards how you did. As I have no local instructor, it really does help to keep your postures correct and makes you work the right muscles.

Beautiful pics Alcina!!! I made it to the gym today and I didn't even have an appointment with my trainer. I did 20 minutes on the stairmaster level 2! I went up a level today! Then i did 25 minutes on the treadmill incline 9 for 2.5 MPH. It was a great workout. I just love the way I after I exercise!:D

Done nothing much...I seem to have fallen into some sort of sadness and now a black cloud is over my head. :crying2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom