7 day x 30min Cardio Challenge!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
YEAH!!!! ER is back! I've been wondering about you, especially since I read part of the Disney adventure you went on! Welcome back and welcome back on the wagon. I, too, have been struggling, but the train is still moving since everyone in here is working out, and doing it with gusto!

I just got home from the gym. 33 minutes on the free movement elliptical, resulting in 2.64 miles and 405 calories. I am now off to scrap paint off our dive tanks just as soon as I finish my steel cut oats with applesauce b-fast! YUM! What a treat given I usually just do the oats with cinnamon or, if I am feeling special, a wee-bit of honey. So this apple sauce topping is FANTASTIC!

Jamie, you really kicked butt last summer- and I hope you do a replay this summer now that your latest surgery is over and you're getting back to normal.

I just remember talking to you last summer and I was eating something heavy and you were munching on fresh strawberries or broccoli or somesuch!

Now that you're back on the wagon (with the rest of us who fell off and got back on!), I'll have to start making better food choices so I don't have Ms Healthy guilting me out!

I walked 50 minutes this morning followed by 25 minutes of mixed ab work and squats.

self pity rant on:
so ive been filling out my food diary and doing my extra sessions and was very excited to find out this morning if there was any downward action only to find out the trainer got new scales AND even if, EVEN IF i was to reach my goal weight of 90kgs (thats 198lbs as im a big girl even when i lose the fat) these freakin scales still wouldnt be any good to me as they dont go that bloody high so i clueless if i have lost any weight and im feeling very full of self pity and my thoughts were stuff it and go eat what ive been avoiding the past 3 weeks :crying:

so i did my stupid 6.15am cardio session but i dont feel good about it today

rant off:

RANT OFF IS RIGHT!

So the scale doesn't go that high- scales are stupid! The true proof that all this work is... well... working is HOW YOU FEEL! Exercise and eating right isn't just about weight loss (althought that's a nice benefit) it's about FEELING GOOD! And all this crazy work you're doing MAKES ME FEEL GOOD, TOO! I went for an extra walk today because I was thinking about all these cardio sessions you are doing- and how it must make you feel- and I wanted to feel that way, too- even though I don't want to go to the cardio session at 6:15 am- lol!

Weight loss is a way to gauge what we're doing. It's not the end game though. You have been putting forth amazing effort and you can't let a stupid scale take away your enthusiasm!

Hurray, Almity!

.....HOW YOU FEEL!..... it's about FEELING GOOD! And all this crazy work you're doing MAKES ME FEEL GOOD, TOO! ......

:crying: thanks - i needed that and i feel much better thank you!!

whew - im just having a down day i guess, even hubby asked me a little while ago what was going on

so im going to my car to dust off my food diary as i threw it in there and keep on doing what im doing!

on a positive note - on saturday i walked up the shelley beach stairs with gear and on sunday i walked up the bare island stairs in gear and felt pretty good about it - gotta remind myself of the positives!

OK...since Almighty had one...I'll have one too....

I'm real frustrated right now with the whole working out, eating right thing. I was SO good while John was gone...lost all that weight...started to feel real good about myself...started to like the picture in the mirror.....
He's been home for a month now and I've COMPLETELY fallen off the wagon.

I got on the scale this morning...bad idea since I went out for a friend's birthday last night...ate entirely too much AND drank entirely too much. I feel fat and gross...half the time I have a weird feeling in my stomach from the stuff I'm eating (that I know I shouldn't) but things have been hard at home and I'm an emotional eater...so even though I don't like the way I feel when I eat it, I still manage to put it in my mouth.
I'm on the road again for work this week, so that means I"ll be eating out all the time again, which makes it hard to count calories (like I should be in my journal), though a bit easier to hit the gym with a bit more regularity. But I feel like it won't make a darn bit of difference.
Can I kinda blame it on John? It seems like he doesn't notice...he certainly isn't helping me stay on track...I was hoping he'd start going with me and he has no desire to do that...and he always seems to want to eat out (bad, bad, bad) especially at all the places I really shouldn't be eating.

So as I finish this up, I finish the cookie I get when I check into my hotel, tie the laces on my sneakers and grab a bottle of water so I can get down to the gym...
when all I really want to do it lay on the huge, comfy hotel bed and :crying::crying:

I know there's a dress in my near future...but right now all I have to say to that is :blahblah:

fwiw, when I go out, I try to pick something like Cracker Barrel if I can- because I know I can get the turkey salad there and I use oil and vinegar dressing (minus the oil). So it's a good choice.

You are right- eating out is the devil's fat trap! Even the supposedly heart healthy options really aren't heart healthy.

Order what you want and just watch your portions. PUSH THE PLATE AWAY once you're no longer hungry- and take the rest home if you wish!

And what's that Almity said about my John? He's an enabler! Your John and my John aren't helping things- and it's up to us to be strong enough to withstand the pressure. It's not really pressure, per se, but the lack of accountability is the same thing imo.

You're right about portions...and I usually try to eat at places I know I can find nutrition info online...which is easier to do while I'm on the road. I'm so bad at self control...which is why I really try to eat at home...b/c I don't buy the stuff I know I shouldn't be eating...unless I can get it in a single serving to have once in a while.
My sweet tooth is the worst! I have to finish a meal with something sweet...and I just need to go on and "do it"....and by that I mean find the self control and limit myself to a single piece of dark chocolate to satisfy the craving and the "need".

Enabling...pressure...accountability.......and all of the above lacking in our SO's is very true...and I need to get better about focusing on what I know I need instead of worrying about clearing my "plate" or keeping up...or forcing myself to eat if I'm not hungry.

I know I've said this at least 4 times since John came home.....but I really think I'm ready to get back into the swing of things this time...
Just got back from the gym...an hour on the treadmill...4 1/2 miles...and those last 15 minutes nearly killed me! LOL Also did 15 minutes of ab work with a med ball....and I feel pretty good...so maybe tomorrow will be better...and I DID bring my journal...it's a small notebook I keep in my purse...I just need to write in it instead of "forgetting" about it :)

fwiw... it's easy for me to spout about portions when no one can see what I've got on my plate.

I try to keep from serving myself too much- like taking HALF the spaghetti noodles I'd normally take. I can, after all, go back for seconds. You don't have that option when someone brings you a plate full of food.

This food diary is good for me. I know I'm going to have to mark it when I eat something- and I feel better about that if I can enter a not so gigantic portion of whatever it is.

That plus exercise will eventually bring results.

50 minutes walking today plus about 10 or 15 of upper body/arm work. I ran some errands (not literally) and now I'm back home. I'm planning to do some more arm work and stretching later this afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom