7 day x 30min Cardio Challenge!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
managed to eat pretty good so far today....there were donuts at the college fair this morning...and i gave in...but only a little...I had just a bite of one to satisfy the craving...

Off to work again with plans to hit the gym when I get back. Cross your fingers...2 days in a row would be a record for me these days LOL

Hey dd, that's great! You had a taste and then stopped. That's a big deal. I tend to justify just eating everything in sight just to get it over with.

I will openly admit that I actually LOOKED for Chips Ahoy at the grocery today but, THANK GOD, they were out. I'm safe for a while (after all, if you don't buy it, you can't eat it... without them calling the police anyway).

i won a calarie book (heheh, the same one i gave away to Alcina last year!)

guess how many calories are in a donut! anywhere from 200cals to 630cals depending on the type - yikes.

but good girl on just the one bite and then putting it down - i wish i had that will power!!

my exercise is at 5.30 this arvo for our work pt sessions

Okay, so I ODed on the "thanks."

But I really do want to thank you, Almity, for being an inspiration. I totally fell off the fitness wagon (and off the SB wagon- strangely related) over the winter. I come back, and here you are, working away.

I don't have your stamina, commitment or enthusiasm. And every time you post, it reminds me of how far I have to go (in a good way!).

Thank you to everyone, for that matter. Because, even when we fail, we tried. And trying is the foundation for success.

Okay, that might be flawed logic, but it works for me!

Good morning, All! I've been doing our morning walks (from 35-55 minutes each morning)
P50500011.jpg

and eating well each day, meeting my 9 fruit/veg per day almost every day. I still have not had any coke and am still keeping up the 2L+ per day easily.

I am not doing my ten minutes/day on the elliptical yet, but I'm going to try again today. Tilly nailed me in the side of the leg the other day, taking out my knee (sideways) and my ankle. It's fine to walk on, but for some reason the motion on the elliptical has really bothered it and the whole leg kind of collapses, so I've given it a few days for rest. I hate when I make a new goal and something truly beyond my control interferes!

I did just spend another 50 minutes walking briskly while on the phone to my mom - love cordless phones!

I've been reading the posts from the last few days and I think you guys are all doing great! Very inspirational!!

I don't know if it will help anyone, but I've come to the probably obvious conclusion that I do not do well with deprivation and I can't just make changes that I know, in my heart of hearts, I can't sustain. It might be slower to get to my goal, but I'm pretty sure that it will make my long term life better and my short term life less frustrating if I don't have to worry about "falling off the wagon" or "being bad"! We shall see.

Made it to the gym today...an hour of cardio...30 on the elliptical & 30 on the treadmill....then did 10 minutes of ab work

Counted my calories in today's journal entry......and I managed to only go over my goal of 1200 by 64...and that's b/c of that silly donut half (which was 115 calories!)

Wow, 1200 calories per day is nothing (unless, I suppose, you're really short?) I just looked up some numbers on prevention.com and even if I was sedentary I should be getting over 1550 cals per day to maintain...go to slack-ass but not sedentary (can't remember what the next level is, "light activity" I think) it ups to 1850+ to maintain (1350+ to lose, the 500 loss as a combo of calories in and exercise, not just reduction of calories)!

Great for you getting to the gym and hitting it hard!!

Just out of curiosity, do we really want to live our lives sweating about half a donut?

images

heheheh

ive only recently started looking at calories and im surpised by how little im having PLUS how hard it is it eat your quoata in good healthy choices!

if i was to have the bad foods (oak strawberry milk & croissaints) i can eat an entire days calories (1600) for breakfast but with the food diary, some days im only managing 1000 calaories and ive eating 3 meals and full - its alot of work eatinig healthy some days!

Home from the gym. 38 minutes on the free movement elliptical. 453 calories, 3.16 miles and some really tired legs. :)

alcina, when you say deprivation are you talking about dieting?

I, personaly, am not changing my diet (okay, okay- I'm banned from Chips Ahoy) but I'm trying to eat less. That's just because my tendency is to gorge myself (as opposed to just eating to satisfy my hunger and then stop). I'm only counting calories because Almity suggested (demanded? lol) that darylin and I should start a food diary. The one I'm using is on Facebook and it gives you a calorie count- I have to choose similar foods a lot though, since it doesn't have exactly what I'm eating necessarily.

So when I say off the wagon, I'm talking about exercising, taking a walk, moving around. All winter I pretty much sat there like a log. And I was eating very large portions. So I gained at least 10 lbs (an extra 10 came from somewhere but I think that was pre-last winter) because I was just letting myself go. Now none of my pants fit- seriously. Pants I could wear last summer are super tight. I wore I nice pair of slacks to church and the whole service I was afraid I was going to rip a out the butt seam- now there's incentive to eat right and exercise!

I like how I feel when I'm exercising. I'm not getting a massive cardio work out. I can't bring myself to do aerobics instead of taking a long walk- but I figure a 45-50 minute walk is a good trade off for 20 minutes of aerobics. I do feel good when I get that heart pumping aerobic action, but I've really enjoyed being home and being able to walk, which also feels good- and gets the dog some good exercise, too.

So, I'm out the door.

I love the pics of the beach and the dog... if I didn't have to wrestle with a leash, a dog who likes to chase squirrels and a poo bag, I'd take my camera this morning... maybe I will anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom