7/27/13 Jupiter Wreck and Shark Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

corvettejoe

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Saturday's Wreck/Shark dives:

We went out on a local charter in Jupiter, FL. to do some wreck dives and find some sharks. This guy is known for knowing exact spots where to find some rare sharks...and sharks we found!

Hammerheads, Reef, Lemon, Blacktip, Bull and many others.
The Hammerheads were the coolest thing to see though.

CRW_3192-2.jpg

CRW_3198.jpg

CRW_3214.jpg

CRW_3188.jpg

CRW_3224.jpg

These guys were RIGHT in our faces...and HUGE, 10ft or so for most of the sharks.
CRW_3187.jpg

This was the Jupiter Wreck Trek...in consisted of 3 wrecks, the Zion Train, the Miss Jenny and the Esso Bonaire. The Bonaire is the one that I went inside and had the most photos from.

CRW_3247.jpg

CRW_3235.jpg

CRW_3251.jpg

CRW_3254.jpg

CRW_3255.jpg

CRW_3262.jpg

CRW_3257.jpg

the Wheelhouse... imagine a person standing inside this...and how LARGE this fish is:
CRW_3268.jpg

Looking out the wheelhouse:
CRW_3278.jpg

I didn't bring any gloves or lighting, as I wasn't planning to go inside. I would like to go back with proper equipment though to get better photos.
CRW_3282.jpg

CRW_3284.jpg

CRW_3285.jpg

CRW_3289.jpg

CRW_3291.jpg

CRW_3295.jpg

CRW_3298.jpg

Shallow reefs we did afterward... artsy stuff, nothing fancy:

Porkfish
CRW_3309.jpg

Angel (forgot which type)
CRW_3307.jpg

Me:
CRW_3322.jpg

Last edited:
Great photos! The Sgt Majors are actually porkfish.

Great pictures Joe! It was nice meeting you out there, this is Mickey. Cameron and I had a blast making that video, that hammerhead shark was awesome! Hope to see you out on Randy's boat again sometime soon, I think we're on Saturday (August 3rd) AM boat trip.

Great pictures Joe! It was nice meeting you out there, this is Mickey. Cameron and I had a blast making that video, that hammerhead shark was awesome! Hope to see you out on Randy's boat again sometime soon, I think we're on Saturday (August 3rd) AM boat trip.

I've got some more photos of you all. I'll have to get them processed and upload them for you guys.

very nice

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom