7-22-6 Spring Dives(Cypress?) - for the Brave!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Personal tastes vary, but I dive an hour + in the 68F spring water we have in the FL panhandle with just a 3mm. Come winter, when air temps are much colder, I do wuss out and wear the 3mm with a 2.5mm hoodvest underneath - ick.

I'm tossing the idea around to stick in the area and dive Sunday as well, if I can find a buddy. That would put me at Cypress in the morning, Morrison in the PM, then elsewhere(some jetty would be fine, PCB or Destin) on Sunday morning. Not sure if I want to stay just yet though...

I'm only packing two tanks less I can be persuaded otherwise :D

If it was two weeks from now, I'd remind you of dinner.

I've got permission to bring Gulf-Gulper's canoe - can seat one more plus gear if you like to paddle vs motor.

Sorry you can't make it Tom.

SuPrBuGmAn:
I'm tossing the idea around to stick in the area and dive Sunday as well, if I can find a buddy. That would put me at Cypress in the morning, Morrison in the PM, then elsewhere(some jetty would be fine, PCB or Destin) on Sunday morning. Not sure if I want to stay just yet though...

Let me know what you decide to do -- I'll PM you my contact information just in case. Wouldn't mind hitting the Panama City or Destin Jetties. Panama City Jetties has been very rough of late in the channel. Last time I dove there it was a serious strain.

If you wanna do Sunday, I'll need to pick up some weights and rent a couple of tanks, since I don't have my own yet. :shakehead

SeaYoda:
I've got permission to bring Gulf-Gulper's canoe - can seat one more plus gear if you like to paddle vs motor.

Sorry you can't make it Tom.

Paddling would be fine. I can use the exercise. I just hope I don't make us go in circles.:D

Did you see the PM regarding the dinner in a couple of weeks? Hope you and Mrs. Seayoda can make it.

kchFLA:
:e18: :rolleyes: :e18: :rolleyes: :e18: You didn't state the results of your test float with the the gear, yourself, and MDB. Did your boat float?

I'm not buying anything until I know what I'm paying for house insurance next year. I might end up living out of my car.

cmon, how much can THIS cost?

float%20tube.JPG

SuPrBuGmAn:
Personal tastes vary, but I dive an hour + in the 68F spring water we have in the FL panhandle with just a 3mm. Come winter, when air temps are much colder, I do wuss out and wear the 3mm with a 2.5mm hoodvest underneath - ick.

I am thinking that I will be trying just my 1mm. I usually wuss out with the 7mm, being it is the only other one I have, but with temps being what they have been, I am sure the water will hiss as I enter it.

At that point what's the point. I could just put my gear on and hold on to your boat.

photohikedive:
I am thinking that I will be trying just my 1mm. I usually wuss out with the 7mm, being it is the only other one I have, but with temps being what they have been, I am sure the water will hiss as I enter it.

I dove Morrison once with a 1/2mm skin, we dove Destin earlier and used Morrison to clean our gear the lazy way... It was a short dive.

kchFLA:
...Did you see the PM regarding the dinner in a couple of weeks? Hope you and Mrs. Seayoda can make it.
I did see the invite and I'm still not sure yet if we can make it. Mrs. Yoda's dad was in the hospital a couple weeks ago and is now rehabing in a local facility. We're not sure when he gets free. I'll keep you informed as we go along. Thanks for the offer, even if we don't get to come.

I can handle girls who go in circles in canoes - ask me to tell the story tomorrow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom