7-22-6 Spring Dives(Cypress?) - for the Brave!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kchFLA:
I'm just a loser idiot that didn't have phone numbers.

Bah, don't beat yourself up over it or anything. 251-978-4089 for next time, I thought you had it already, my apologies :D

photohikedive:
scandelous lies! I did all the same dive as everyone, just shorter. I went into the crack/cavern. I did the perimiter of the basin, and I did the snorkle dive of the shallows. I poked into the little cavern that points up towards the dock, and I found a fossil. How is that barely?

I think the sun was too much on that bare scalp!

You missed all the cool stuff from the second dive that cannot be revealed as its so incredibly wonderful, its unbelievable! :D

SY's correct though, snorkels.... just a big ole straw if you're a real diver :wink:

SeaYoda:
MDB chickened out because you were not there
:whack:
there is nothing wrong with diving within your limits :28:
You're just jealous because you can't hold your breath that long and yes you can see everything in that spring while holding your breath :mooner: Besides I was only wearing my 3mm and it was fricken cold! Nice dive though, I enjoyed the boat ride. Gonna snorkel back down to the boat launch next time...assuming those hooligans in the rubber raft aren't trying to capsize us again...we should have called the boat police or something, darn kids :wink:

We're doing Morrison later this afternoon/evening if Ms. KCH or anybody else wants to join us.

MysteryDiveBuddy:
:whack:
there is nothing wrong with diving within your limits :28:

Ya know, I've dived with PHD several times now, but I've never seen you dive. Where do your limits begin? :lol:

I don't:
solo dive...
do overheads...
dive in vis. under 5'
go below 80'...
or dive when I can't equalize...

I'd rather be a stick in the mud with my snorkel than have somebody's family hate me for all eternity because thier loved one died because I did something stupid while getting in the water just to go along with the crowd :28:

Not everyone went into the cavern at Cypress... Vis was infinite, depths in OW were <30', were ya sick?

Anywho, just saying :p

What was the water depth like on the run up, can you still get a small boat up it or do you need the canoe? Was going to hit Morrison yesterday then about 2:30 P.M. thunderstorms a, Lighting and rain, Probably hit it today, this afternoon

Depends on the boat.

A flat bottom johnboat or something, with the motor not latched(so it can prop up when you hit something) can probably motor through the sand pretty well. I managed to do it with my Zodiac.

Alot of the run is less than 1.5'-2' deep, unfortunately. Lowest I've seen since I've been diving the site.

MysteryDiveBuddy:
...assuming those hooligans in the rubber raft aren't trying to capsize us again...we should have called the boat police or something, darn kids :wink:...
They were blowing off steam from having to re-inflate Ms Jellyfish just before encountering you. :D

If you decide to snorkel the creek, remember that this is as clear as I've ever seen it. It's mostly brown like a bad day at Morrison (like the stuff coming from that pipe on shore). Enjoy it while you can.

SeaYoda:
They were blowing off steam from having to re-inflate Ms Jellyfish just before encountering you. :D

I probably should have pumped it back up after the 2nd dive too. My butt was almost in the water the entire trip back with all the gear on board. Ick!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom