7-22-6 Spring Dives(Cypress?) - for the Brave!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't have any pictures, but I just got the Bayou Marshmallow out of mothballs, and it appears to be as sound as the day it earned its name. We'll just have to see what becomes of the weekend (which, I believe, I'm going to begin at about 3am, so as to try to avoid the big red blotch that's moving right into my route on the radar).

kchFLA:
That picture is great. Part of the reason I'm jumping up and down:jump013: to go is that was the weekend after I got certified. I want to go back now that I'm a tad bit better diver. As much as I enjoyed it then, I was worrying about this, that, the other, and everything else.

:

That was the same weekend that you dove with us at the Jetties the day before Cypress. I didn't know that was your first weekend certified. I knew you were recently certified but I didn't know we had the pleasure of taking you on your first post certification dive!!! :jump013:

I thought you did pretty good for a first time diver. Especially with dealing with the ocean current and boats overhead.

Cypress it is, then! Me and hubby are with SBM. Who else confirms for sure?

I am so FREAKIN excited!

kchFLA:
:wavey: Don't leave me out. I've posted that I want to do Cypress on several occassions. I'll push, pull or anything else that is necessary.

Comon now Kch, nobodie's leavin ya out :D We need more boats though! We're short of seats.

Everyone, go forth and buy boats! ...er... Vortex will rent canoes for $50 a day. They hold 2 easily, 3 if you're carefull(cost per person goes down the more you squeeze in). Ick.

Just got a call from J.'s dad. They're postponing their Florida trip until *next* weekend! Yipee! Um, go figure, the best news I've had all week is that someone's cancelling. :D

Anyway, so it looks like the Bayou Marshmallow will sail again Saturday! You can take your own pictures. :wink:

Looks like if I am to enjoy continued employment I am trapped in Montgomery this weekend. I hope you folks have a wonderful time.

can't we just get kch to buy one of those bass tubes? the ones with the seats built in? they just use a single flipper to move around with....... she has TWO. I bet you could waterski behind her with the diving fins on.

:e18: :rolleyes: :e18: :rolleyes: :e18: You didn't state the results of your test float with the the gear, yourself, and MDB. Did your boat float?

I'm not buying anything until I know what I'm paying for house insurance next year. I might end up living out of my car.

If I don't live out of my car, I'm going to start saving for bedroom furniture. What I have is as old as I am, which is getting to be pretty darn old.

Are you guys doing anything on Sunday? Saturday I'm obligated with friends, but Sunday I definitely wanna do something. I'll be in the Destin/FWB area most of Saturday day.

Vernon, and also perhaps Ponce de Leon? Man, that's not far away from me at all. I live over off of Hwy 77. What kind of wetsuit thickness is sufficient for Cypress and Vortex? Are hoods the order of the day? All my dives have been Gulf to this point. I'm a saltwater junkie.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom