6th Annual after ThanksGiving Turkey Fry & CleanUp 11/29/08 Sponsored IPB ScubaQuest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I am back and it looks like Me and my clan and a couple of friends will be able to make it, not sure on getting wet but willing to cleanup. put me down for
Reef Raker + 5.

I am thinking some fruit & veggie trays
I do not think I have seen anyone with those if I have missed them let me know and I will come up with something else.

See everyone there!:blinking:

Fruit & Veggie trays sound great but I have to tell you I'm going to miss that cheesy casserole thing of yours - man was that good :)

Hey all, I received a pm from Paul at ScubaQuest. It reads as follows:

"Hey Tracy,

Bob Eskew from Blue Water Explorers (http://www.bluewaterexplorers.com/) is going to have free boat rides for divers at the Turkey Fry. I was hoping we could put him on the list of attendees.

Thanks,

Paul"

This is going to be one rockin' event :yeahbaby:

Paul is off today. I will get with him tomorrow and post more details (sign-up sheet, pick-up/drop-off, etc.)

I spoke with Captain Bob today and we are a go. Essentially he will act as a ferry service. He will come in as close as he can and we can hop aboard then he will take and drop you off. As people come up, he will return you, and collect more people.

Since this is going to operate as a ferry, I don't think we need a sign-up sheet because he will be continuously going back and forth.

Thank You Captain Bob!

I can't imagine needing more than 4 birds... especially with all of the additional goodies coming.

We can cook in stages so we have a good flow of food being laid out.

I suggest containers for leftovers... I LOVE leftovers!!! mmmmmmmmmmmm

I second the leftover containers.

Before I forget, I will bring a few aluminum pans for the turkeys to lay in to carve. With knives.

Last year, we had about 80 people on the beach and we ran out of turkey with about 30 pounds of bird. The year before that, we had birds and ran out also. The birds seemed to go as soon as they hit the carving pans.

Before I forget, I will bring a few aluminum pans for the turkeys to lay in to carve. With knives.

Last year, we had about 80 people on the beach and we ran out of turkey with about 30 pounds of bird. The year before that, we had birds and ran out also. The birds seemed to go as soon as they hit the carving pans.

Good thinking on the pans.:thumbs_up: It had crossed my mind and I totally forgot again.

Hey has anyone heard from YALE???? I will try and get ahold of him to see if he is going to be able to make it...

It's amazing how fast those birds go, if you're not there when they come out, you don't get a taste of turkey

We had birds??? :D

I think one of the MAIN problems before this year was that a LOT of food never got put out on the table due to limited space. I think that's solved this year, and THAT'S a wonderful thing!!! :D

Hey Dennis, I mean hey neighbor, are you heading over there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom