6 More Weeks to Maui!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That must be a So. Cal thing :D

Oh, and ....

:dance: 2 more weeks to Maui!
:cheerleader: 2 more weeks to Maui!!
:yeahbaby: 2 more weeks to Maui!!!

that west coast divers have become so attached to the cumbersome 7 mil that they have gone to the Beverly Hills cosmetic surgeons and have had them surgically attached so they no longer need to struggle with putting it on or taking it off.

That must be a So. Cal thing :D

Oh, and ....

:dance: 2 more weeks to Maui!
:cheerleader: 2 more weeks to Maui!!
:yeahbaby: 2 more weeks to Maui!!!

12 days to maui, 4 weeks to Kauai!

That is amazing for two reasons: 1.) You won another trip to Hawaii, 2.) And you are able to take off another XX days of work to go so soon after Maui! That rocks! Sounds like a good employer :)

12 days to maui, 4 weeks to Kauai!

That is amazing for two reasons: 1.) You won another trip to Hawaii,

Actually Maui is my scheduled vacation.

2.) And you are able to take off another XX days of work to go so soon after Maui! That rocks! Sounds like a good employer :)

Yep, home for 8 days, but I've been with the company for a long time and get 4 weeks / year, of course 1/2 my Kauai trip is "work". but my employer is indeed most excellent.

Of course the downside is going to be an epic mass of backlogged work to do when I get hime :(

72 hours till take off!!!

Rub it in a little more why don't you?? :D :D :D

You can return the favor in December when I'm stuck at home, snow drifting to the eves of my house.....

We have been diving Maui for a number of years now and have a few tips. First, don't ignore the shore diving which is excellent in Maui. Your own condo/hotel bay should not be overlooked. Frequently these are shallow dives as the sandy beaches tend to have gradual drop offs (25-30 max depth 100 yrds. off shore). Lots of bottom time, great light for photograpy, good marine life, etc. and best of all cheap! (all you pay for is tank and weight rental).

Also, 7mm is way overkill for Hawaii. We dive in 0.5mm full suits and being cold is never a problem. I don't think I have ever seen a temp. below 80 F. on the bottom. On the shallower dives, a swim suit and rash gaurd is usually enough. Probably a good idea to tow a float if the area is not frequented by divers.

Also, 7mm is way overkill for Hawaii. We dive in 0.5mm full suits and being cold is never a problem. I don't think I have ever seen a temp. below 80 F. on the bottom. On the shallower dives, a swim suit and rash gaurd is usually enough. Probably a good idea to tow a float if the area is not frequented by divers.

Have you ever gone to Maui in the winter? In all honesty, I've actually never seen an 80 degree reading on my computer in Maui, whether it was August, April, or December (the 3 different months I've gone, and 8 trips). In December it's typical to have 75 degree (average) water with air temperatures being 75-80 degrees and usually partly cloudy, so people need to factor in how much diving they're doing and what exposure protection they'll need.

For me, that means a 7mm full since I've already done the 3mm shorty (freezing), the 3mm full (freezing), the 5mm full (cold), the 5mm full + 3mm vest (chilly then cold), and now a 7mm full. Frankly, I'm hoping I don't have to consider a dry suit next! :mooner: If you can dive Maui in a microprene, more power to you!!

Oh yeah, and if you're shore diving in Maui, plan to follow the law and tow a float.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom