6 More Weeks to Maui!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love living on Maui!!
I love living on Maui!!
I love living on Maui!!:D

Sorry!!! I always wanted to do that.......:crafty:

Cheers folks,
Safe travels and happy diving every day of the year!

:14: That rocks. I see you are by Napili. Napili Bay is one of my most favorite spots! Save me a spot under a palm towards the middle of the beach :D

I love living on Maui!!
I love living on Maui!!
I love living on Maui!!:D

Sorry!!! I always wanted to do that.......:crafty:

Cheers folks,
Safe travels and happy diving every day of the year!

Excellent! What part of the island will you be in? I'll be up in Ka'anapali. Likely do dives with LD and XH, as there is no way I can get up early enough to get down to Kihei. I am on vacation :)

I'm staying in Wailea. personally I have no problem getting up early in Hawaii, 6:30 hawaii time - 8:30 PDST, then after my dive I have the rest of the day to relax.

If I could get up at 6:30 and get to Kihei (from Kaanapali) on time for the (7am) boats, I would do it!! No way am I driving that fast :D

I'm staying in Wailea. personally I have no problem getting up early in Hawaii, 6:30 hawaii time - 8:30 PDST, then after my dive I have the rest of the day to relax.

We dive out of Kihei (Ed Robinson's) and stay in Kaanapali. We leave our condo at 5:30 so we have time to stop at Starbucks and still get to the boat ramp by 6:30. It is a little barbaric getting up so early on vacation, but like Oside Jimc said, I just keep myself basically on PDST and its no big deal. :wink:

Though I can't blame anyone who wants to sleep in while on vacation. :)

The operative word in your post is 'we'. That would make it a lot easier. The GF doesn't dive, so it is just an 'I'. I've been having fun joking about getting up early, but the truth of it is, it's just tough doing that drive alone in the morning, and the drive back from Kihei to Kaanapali after the diving is sometimes much tougher. Traffic, etc. Did it on my first few trips to Maui, and it was just too tough. I know there are trade-offs to diving out of Lahaina, but the shorter drive time is worth it too me. Also, I spend so much of my life in the car (long work commute), that when I am in Maui, I try to spend as little time in the car as possible.

Hey, who wants to meet up at Hula Grill for some drinks? :wink:

With the current airline/oil trauma there are not as many cars on the road, and traffic back to the West Side at that time is not likely much of an issue.

Looks like I'll be up that way on the 13th, my wife wants to run in the Maui 1/2 Marathon, starts at 5:30am, but hey, that's after 5!! :D , or maybe dive black rock while she gets heatstroke....

I'd likely be game... but it would be only one adult beverage for me, since I'll have to drive that road to Kihei sometime later in the evening. :)

The operative word in your post is 'we'. That would make it a lot easier. The GF doesn't dive, so it is just an 'I'. I've been having fun joking about getting up early, but the truth of it is, it's just tough doing that drive alone in the morning, and the drive back from Kihei to Kaanapali after the diving is sometimes much tougher. Traffic, etc. Did it on my first few trips to Maui, and it was just too tough. I know there are trade-offs to diving out of Lahaina, but the shorter drive time is worth it too me. Also, I spend so much of my life in the car (long work commute), that when I am in Maui, I try to spend as little time in the car as possible.

Given your situation, I'd do exactly the same thing as you. :wink: Have a great time on Maui and enjoy your diving.

Back
Top Bottom