6 More Weeks to Maui!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

3 Weeks, so excited, just can't wait to trade the 7mil suit for my 3!

3 more weeks!!! I can't wait!! I too have a new 3mm that I am anxious to try out in Maui. Also bringing a 3mm hooded vest just in case :) But sure beats the 7mm fullsuit under a 7mm over-vest I wear here in Monterey. :D

For those that will be there at the same time, look for me in my new self-made-cafepress ScubaBoard T-Shirt!

<LOL> I had to laugh when I read this since I just bought a 7mm full suit for our trip to Maui in December! :blinking:

Have a GREAT trip!! :D

<LOL> I had to laugh when I read this since I just bought a 7mm full suit for our trip to Maui in December! :blinking:

Have a GREAT trip!! :D

I suspect I "might" have a "little" more natural insulation, but think I should take the 7mm "just is case"?

On another note, I won a trip from my work to Kauai 9/29-10/10, more dives to plan! (Thank god for Plastic!), so 7 days home from Maui and it's back to LAX, boy it sucks to be me!

The water should be far warmer now (79-80 degrees) than it is at Christmas (74-75 degrees), and it'll also be warmer topside, so you'll likely be just fine in a 3mm full. You also have to consider that when we go to Maui we dive daily, which really dumps the core temperature down.

I tend to run a bit cold so wouldn't even think of diving in less than a 5mm full in Maui. Last Christmas I wore a 5mm full and a 3mm vest and was still cold, so when I saw a great sale on a 7mm full from ScubaToys, I decided I'm going to be warm diving Maui for once! I am for sure the exception, not the rule in Maui, and fully expect that people will think I'm insane as I'm pulling on my thick suit. <LOL>

Congrats on your trip to Kauai...that's WAY cool!!!

One of my co-workers wears a full 7mm AND 3mm hooded vest, now. Don't know if she wears more in the winter. I wear 5mm full, now.

Thanks for the feedback, maybe I'll throw the 7mm in the bag if I have room.

One of my co-workers wears a full 7mm AND 3mm hooded vest, now. Don't know if she wears more in the winter. I wear 5mm full, now.

I'm always amused when the locals and DMs totally understand why I wear thick suits, but most of the other tourists in their 3mm shorties think I'm insane. It's good to hear that someone else wears a 7mm in Hawaii too. :D

Water temps at Cathedrals I & II have been running between 75 & 77, depending on how much rain on Lanai.

Water temps at Cathedrals I & II have been running between 75 & 77, depending on how much rain on Lanai.

That's pretty balmy, when I dove La Jolla 2 weeks ago it was 76 on the surface, was sweating on the surface swim, was actually glad to hit 95' where it was 55. What is it like at depth on Maui?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom