6/27/09 7th Annual Venice Beach and Birthday Dive Bash

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a suggestion, but how about either cold cuts and hoagie bread or getting a ring type sandwich that feeds a few? ( not that I have anything against subway or the idea in general)

This is a ring sandwich

3549440322_5cfd860b15.jpg

So...Does that count you in for a few $$.? I'll do my best to explain THAT to the Publix ladies..........

Went to Texas to visit her godmother. Also is going to Mexico on a missions trip to help at an orphanage.

that is so cool

i love that kid

what a great job you've done

adurso, I'm actually from the east coast of FL, and I "think" Sweetbay" is a small grocer in the area......if you want to grab a few, and I grab a few, that's fine with me too........
<hijack on>
Sweetbay is still mainly on the west coast of Fl. It was originally Kash n' Karry until it was bought by a Belgium corporation and redesigned to offer "fresher natural foods" from their ads here locally

In January 2004, after years of slumping sales growth, Kash n' Karry announced the creation and roll out of a new supermarket concept called Sweetbay Supermarket in its core markets on the West Coast of Florida. By September 2007 all Kash n' Karry stores were redesigned as Sweetbay Supermarket.

In 2004 the first redesigned Sweetbay opened about 5 miles from my house. Since then, the Belgium group is listed in the top 10 North American food retailers in 2007 with only 107 stores... </hijack off>

Let me know what type of ring sandwiches you want, quantity and from where (Publix, Sweetbay, etc.) I'll make the arrangements for pickup on Friday evening before the party, if you want?

Add 2 to my party now. Ive convinced a coworker to come join us. Suprised to find out he is a certied diver but doesnt get out much. So I ve introduced him to our little world here. Im still workong on getting him to create a name in here but hopefully he will come play soon.

Oh and Ill toss in some money for the sammiches too.

I'll toss in a few bucks too..

Andy, thank you.

adurso, truck1, and mikerault (maybe, depending on who you're responding to?), sounds like you're in, more or less....[though I'm honestly not sure what a "ring" sandwich is]....but, if I take the responsibility for planning/ordering/and bringing the sandwiches, do I read that you're "in"? I'm happy to take that plan and go with it.....I'll trust you to spot me $5 or $10?

If I read truck's idea, while ideal in other situations, I just figure the sand and heat and condiments don't make for an easy "sandwich making" situation....I figured for "pre-prepped" as the simplest..........

adurso, I'm actually from the east coast of FL, and I "think" Sweetbay" is a small grocer in the area......if you want to grab a few, and I grab a few, that's fine with me too........

So long as noone has to spend too much $$$ for a casual dive-party, I'm happy. :) :)

If you want to do it I will be happy to give you money. Sweetbay there in Venice has a good deli selection of premade stuff, just let me know how much you need and I will be happy to kick in

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom