5th Annual Scubaboard Saturday after Thanksgiving Turkey Fry!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds great! PM me and let me know when/where and I'm there.:D

Most of the time folks will post where and when they are planning dives. Reply to their posts and join in the fun. Also, don't wait for others, plan some dives and invite others to join you.

Hi Walter, I don't want to crash your party at Deerfield but I do want to learn more about good shore diving. Paying a charter each time gets too expensive. I would appreaciate you sharing some of your knowledge. Maybe I will start my first thread on SB. There may be one already and I don't know about it. What catagory should I use for the best results. Open to all member suggestions out there. :blinking:

Probably Basic SCUBA Discussions. What exactly are you wanting to know? How much beach diving experience do you have? The most common mistake I see is people putting their fins on too soon.

Thanks,
I have done 22 beach dives, I was interested in good diving sites off the beach.
To avoid paying a boat charge.

Good beach diving sites include:

Sugar Barge off Bradenton Beach
Venice Beach
Hollywood Beach
Dania Beach
Lauderdale By the Sea
Pompano Beach
Deerfield Beach
Delray Wreck (hard to find the wreck)
Blue Heron Bridge
Pepper Park in Fort Pierce
Brentwood Wreck off Vero Beach

I'm sure there are a bunch more that aren't coming to mind.

It was nice meeting everybody.. Here are a few shots - the brighter are before the dive and it was overcast afterwards.

IMG_6518.JPG

IMG_6514.JPG

IMG_6530.JPG

IMG_6532.JPG

A lot of flags in the water:
IMG_6528.JPG

"Lil Bit" and "Mom":
IMG_65491.JPG

The finds. After 90 minutes in 68 degrees wearing a 2mm? shorty:
IMG_6542.JPG

I agree! The Turkey was great! And Dennis Please share your receipe for the mushroom stuffing, it was wonderful. This was so much fun...can we make it Bi-annual???

IT already is! Late June is the Annual Birthday and Fossil dive at Venice Beach - Saturday after Tgiving is the T-fry! 2nd Weekend of March is the Peace River fossil camping trip, Invade the Keys in Early June, April and Oct are MegaDive at Ginnie Springs... then there are hundreds of other dives in between with folks :D

Welcome to the Conched out dive Gang!

Good beach diving sites include:

Sugar Barge off Bradenton Beach
Venice Beach
Hollywood Beach
Dania Beach
Lauderdale By the Sea
Pompano Beach
Deerfield Beach
Delray Wreck (hard to find the wreck)
Blue Heron Bridge
Pepper Park in Fort Pierce
Brentwood Wreck off Vero Beach

I'm sure there are a bunch more that aren't coming to mind.

Thank you for the information.
I found this sticky that has good info.
If you have time maybe you can post more detail here about your favorite dive sites.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/florida-conch-divers/60333-insider-information-local-diving.html
To everyone: Thanks for your patience while I figure out this Scuba Board website.
I'm also new to online surfing and have alot to learn.:lotsalove:

IT already is! Late June is the Annual Birthday and Fossil dive at Venice Beach - Saturday after Tgiving is the T-fry! 2nd Weekend of March is the Peace River fossil camping trip, Invade the Keys in Early June, April and Oct are MegaDive at Ginnie Springs... then there are hundreds of other dives in between with folks :D
Thanks for the welcome!
I think you guys are a great bunch of people!
All the above sounds great to me, I will save the info.:grouphug2:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom