5/31-8/13/09-Trip Report: Budget Diving Adventure in SE Asia!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hope you all had a great summer! Thanks for all the posts, support, picures, tips, encouragement, and even just the lurking! It really wouldn't have been the same trip without you!!!!

If you know of any other other amazing budget destination in the SE Asia region that you'd like to share please feel free to post lots of details and pictures! I've heard the Banda Islands are quite nice :D! There is still so much more to explore in the Philippines & great partners waiting there! Humm maybe next trip!

Most my dives ranged from $5 to $30 and accomodation ranged from $8 to $35 - so please try to keep the price range somewhere around here if you post.

Feel to PM me if you have any questions about destinations in this thread or just want to say hi!

Happy diving everyone & please be safe!!

It really wouldn't have been the same trip without you!!!!

You are home how?

You are home how?

Hi Steve,

Not home yet but back in Kuala Lumpur enjoying an AC room with hot water & wifi. A bit of culture shock from the fast internet, clean people, and Mc Donalds. I think the USA is going to be a total shock!

Happy to leave the military guns, women in head scarves, repressive clothes and cowboy diving behind.

In Kuala Lumpur Malaysia you see a womens eyes peering from a full black Burka next to a women wearing short shorts. Every stop there are more westerners but very few Americans.

Tomorrow heading through the airports, hordes of people in face masks and swine flu check points to Singapore where I join my dive partner from Lembeh for a tour of his favorite scuba discount stores :D!

Then *sigh* a L-O-N-G flight the next day!

And I'm back in the the good old USA.

Ahh I already miss diving in SE Asia! :D

In Singapore today - my generous Lembeh Straights partner just handed me a disc filled with pics. Too many to post here - so will just posted the nudis, slugs and flatworms so you can get a taste of the beauty- it was truly an amazing dive site!

153IMG_7754.jpg

158IMG_7778.jpg

139IMG_7695.jpg

134IMG_7639.jpg

132IMG_7631.jpg

128IMG_7607.jpg

105IMG_7514.jpg

062IMG_7273.jpg

Can not believe you would post those pics, you just like adding vineger to my healing wound? I was trying to get over this trip and then you do this to me Kathy.

I will need therapy to convince me that I didn't make an error by not taking this trip, okay so who am I kidden?

Just spectacular pics and I should hope you would like to take photographers over here in California to find our hidden treasures, right?

MG

Wow. Just read the whole thread in one sitting (work has been slow) and I am just amazed.
You're sense of adventure is envious!

Amazing pictures Kathy!
Doing the Discover Scuba Diving in the Philippines is what got me hooked; got certified as soon as I was able. Hope to dive out there again someday.

Can not believe you would post those pics, you just like adding vineger to my healing wound? I was trying to get over this trip and then you do this to me Kathy.

I will need therapy to convince me that I didn't make an error by not taking this trip, okay so who am I kidden?

Just spectacular pics and I should hope you would like to take photographers over here in California to find our hidden treasures, right?

MG

Mike
Dolphin does trips to the Philippines 2 or 3 times a year.

Here are a few more nudis from lembeh :D!

104IMG_7487_edited-1-1.jpg

086IMG_7372.jpg

061IMG_7257.jpg

044IMG_7167.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom