4th Peace River Camping/Fossiling Trip - 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can be there on Sat. Have other plans for that weekend. Going to Miami for a week and wnat to try and get 1 or 2 dives in while I'm there. Where is the meeting place on Sat Morning and who do I pay.

We probably won't know the actual fossil site until the week before we go... If you like, pm me your cell phone number, and I can give you a call with the details as soon as I know something. Or you can email me at mamabulla@gmail.com (probably the best way to get me). You can pay Mark Renz directly the morning of the fossiling.

If it helps, you could always meet us at the Peace River Campground for breakfast that Saturday and carpool or follow separately. We tend to carpool and caravan to the fossiling site, and I think Mark Renz was going to try to make it to breakfast early enough to get some food this time. :wink:

Kris

We probably won't know the actual fossil site until the week before we go... If you like, pm me your cell phone number, and I can give you a call with the details as soon as I know something. Or you can email me at mamabulla@gmail.com (probably the best way to get me). You can pay Mark Renz directly the morning of the fossiling.

If it helps, you could always meet us at the Peace River Campground for breakfast that Saturday and carpool or follow separately. We tend to carpool and caravan to the fossiling site, and I think Mark Renz was going to try to make it to breakfast early enough to get some food this time. :wink:

Kris

Email sent,

Thanks

Hey -- if you've not heard from my wife and emailed her, she's been tied up with company and kids birthday parties the past few days :)

No worries about skills finding fossils in the river, in fact, it might be easier than off Venice Beach. Funny thing, after my first VB river trip my tooth and fossil finding at the beach went up considerably as I started to recognize more stuff :)

Probably on for this again. We might even bring a couple of friends who are interested (although none divers). We will have only just moved into our new house the previous weekend, so we might play it by ear while i confer with the wife. Might come down for the day, or stay a night or two, still working on that one.

Due to the move, we have collected up a number of our old fossils which we might give back to the river for others to find in the future - just keeping some of the more interesting ones. Now we have two dogs along as well, not sure quite how this will work out, but i am sure we'll make something happen.

Simon, you bringing the puppies? I am bringing our puppy. Could be fun!:D

We got a second Sheltie last year around May i think, she turns a year old in a couple of days. We may have to get a canoe to fit them both in rather than the inflatable boat (she is good at puncturing such things).

I can bring a few canoes.. we've got 3 now. We're down to 1 dog as well (Dakota) so life is good :)

I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to fossiling and friends this year :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom