4th Annual Boca Grande Pass Cleanup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Make that Cocoanut Rum spirits :)

Also, for those that are coming in from out of town, what are your plans?

novafury:
Jenny you are always in spirits, Good spirits that is.......
Wish you could go. maybe next time

It's not looking too good for me guys.. I should know for certain by Sunday

Also Walter or Colin do you think it would be possible for one of you to stop and pick up the supplies from one of the suppliers on Metro before heading up on thursday???

What supplies do you need and where would I pick them up?

Walter I will PM you the details, but they are asking that we pick up suplies from sun harvest on Metro. they are for the boat, I would assume fruits and such.

I am also possibly looking for a Experienced Deck Hand as Colin won't be making it as he still is not feeling well. so anyone interested in tending let me know and if I do need a hand I will let you know as I am waiting on my brother to give me a answer but just in case I would like to find a alternate. if not then I will be Captina and DM for everyone..

If you need to get in touch with me I will be around this weekend but I do have my son, and won't be online much, so give me a call. 239-878-0820

Well, some news.

We're supposed to have thunderstorms this week, with a 50% chance on Thursday. This affects the dive in two ways, lightning (obviously), and visibility.

Don't expect much (read any) visibility for these dives. Personally, if there's nonstop lightning, or if the vis is below ~2', I'm not making the dives. This is not the venue for solo diving, and a buddy line is right out.

I spoke with Fantasea today, and the dive is still a go, with a "call me on Wed night" caveat. I will keep everyone informed as I get information.

Ok. here is the latest info for the boat.

I have the following divers confirmed..
Novafury Well duh ......
ReefGuy
Diver_Doh
Walter

if anyone else would like to partake on my boat let me or ReefGuy know as you must be registered and also you MUST have Dan Insurance, as per Jeff's post earlier.

only bring two tanks for each day, preferable 80's as my holders only will hold those while in transit.

Don't forget me! Don't forget me!
Of course I will be there in spirit only....

I have two full tanks (air) that I won't be using on the cleanup. If anyone wants, they're welcome to them.

Well folks heres the latest email I recieved from Bob...

Good Morning, All!
The Boca Board of Directors believes the prudent action will be to cancel the THURSDAY dive. Winds, heavy seas and possibility of lightning are predicted.

We are expecting that the weather will clear in time for the Friday dive and at this time continue to plan for the dive. We hope everyone will be able to adapt to the new schedule. The fish fry, t shirts, raffle and great post dive party will all happen Friday afternoon.

We have been very lucky to have had great weather for the the first 3 events. We recognize the imposition for many of you coming from out of town, but safety is always our number one concern.

See you FRIDAY!
Boca Grande Pass Enhancement Fund, Inc. Board

Bob Wasno
Florida Sea Grant Marine Agent
University of Florida
Lee County Cooperative Extension Service

wasnorm@leegov.com

239-461-7518
239-461-7501 fax

I agree with this. The weather here is not condusive to a good dive. We're expecting 11 knot winds from the WNW. Not only will the vis be 0, but the boats are a gonna be rockin' and the currents gonna be a rippin.

Jeff and Brian, are you guys going to stay Thurs night at my place? Brian, are you going to bring the boat by today or tomorrow?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom