4th Annual Boca Grande Pass Cleanup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walter:
The one I prefer. I'll be quite happy to book directly.
You can always change it back, just temporarily alter it so you could sign up on the calendar and back again when you are done. Like i said, its a glitch and only a few seem to be using the old skin still.

I can, but why bother? I like the look and feel of this one. I'll patiently wait for the glitch to be fixed. I have confidence in TA.

CBulla:
Jeff - what is the latest on this? Have dive times been determined, etc?? When is the predive meeting for those of us who live near enough to participate?

Yeah what he said. like where can I launch the boat at and what area's are we doing I know more will come as the event gets closer but more details would be awsome..

I haven't gotten any additional information yet, but according to the tide chart, the first dive should start around 10:00. Remember last year, though. On day 2, we didn't get into the water until afternoon.

Brian, last year the boats met up at Miller's marina, there in Boca Grande, but I think the best place is at the public ramp at Ponce De Leon point. It's just up from my house, and you can see the pass from there. And you cut off 45 minutes drive time each way.

Also, if you want, you can drive your boat to my house afterwards and leave it at my dock (and your trailer in the lot next to my house). I'll set up some rinse tubs and we can hang everyone's gear in my garage with a fan on it.

oh oh Party at ReefGuys! Whoo Hoo!

That may just work. Got to talk it over with the boss, though :). At the least, we'll have drinks and snacks.

That sounds good. I can use a place to crash the boat. What about fuel, any place close buy to get fuel if I need it without driving 500 miles and pay and outragous amount????

Also I am letting the local dive shops here know of the Event and have sparked a interest or two, I will be passing on this thread with info on the dive and pointing them towards you...

If things are like last year, we will all be meeting at Miller's marina, which has all the amenities (including a large area where we can offload garbage). It shouldn't take more than 20 minutes to get from Ponce De Leon (boat ramp) to Miller (straight shot across the harbor, maybe a couple of miles), then 5 minutes to the pass.

Here's a 3-d model of the pass: http://www.floridamarine.org/gallery/image_details.asp?id=16197

Note the deep spot (80'). This is the last spot Colin and I worked last year :). Lots more to do there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom