4th Annual Boca Grande Pass Cleanup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReefGuy:
I agree with this. The weather here is not condusive to a good dive. We're expecting 11 knot winds from the WNW. Not only will the vis be 0, but the boats are a gonna be rockin' and the currents gonna be a rippin.

Jeff and Brian, are you guys going to stay Thurs night at my place? Brian, are you going to bring the boat by today or tomorrow?

kewl, I will get the sleep that I so desperately need....

Jeff, as long as it's no imposition, yes, I would appreciate staying over. Just need an address or something to pop in mr. gps

Jeff1 :<)

I should be coming up sometime in the afternoon will know more in the am after the weather reports or when I open my eyes since I will be able to actually sleep in for once

Ok last email so far. I have replied letting them know that Dver_Doh, ReefGuy, Walter, and myself will still be attending. if this is different let me know asap as I have already committed you all to this event........

Good Morning, Folks!
The concensus from the Board is that Friday will be our only date available for the 2005 event. The back-up dates of March 31 and April 1 will not work as many of the Guides will have charters that cannot be canceled.

IMPORTANT!
We need to know how many of you will still be able to participate tomorrow. Please email me with your name/ list of extra crew and how many are divers/ are you bringing a boat.

Thanks! Bob

Bob Wasno
Florida Sea Grant Marine Agent
University of Florida
Lee County Cooperative Extension Service

wasnorm@leegov.com

239-461-7518
239-461-7501 fax

I hope the rain stops soon. if it doesn't then I will be driving my boat there instead of pulling it.. my yard is already flooded and the boat is sitting in about a foot of water already. any more and I can take it off the trailer and it will float.

Geesh! What are we in for over here? We only had a little rain last night, but the winds are a blowing from the west....

Scuba_Jenny:
Geesh! What are we in for over here? We only had a little rain last night, but the winds are a blowing from the west....

Don't even think about going and looking at Weatherunderground.com or anything like that....

Looks a wee bit nasty (for florida) but about normal for me ">)

Jeff

It's nasty over here today, but tomorrow is supposed to be nice. The only good thing is that we're not getting the winds we were expecting. I drove out to Ponce De Leon park (which looks out over the pass) and the harbor was flat.

What a day.

I had to drop out yesterday afternoon, due to a family issue that has arisen.

The weather is really nice over here today. We got a lot of rain yesterday, but the expected winds never showed up, so I was thinking taht NovaFury, Diver_Doh and Walter would have some decent conditions today.

Saw off NovaFury and Diver_Doh this morning (they were to meet Walter at the rally point). I just got a call from NovaFury - he broke his steering cable about a mile short. I'm going to pick them up now.

Guess this makes me officially a rescue driver :)

Well I wish we had been a mile from Boca.. we would still have made the dives LOL.
Actually it is looking more like a broken knuckle in the upper housing that has broke and not my shifting cable. Come to find out while trying to flush the engine of salt my temp gauge read about 160 after only 4 minutes of running, so I looked and saw no water being discharged from the exhaust ports.

This means that I will mor than likely need to rebuild my upeer housing to replace the broken joint. Expensive$$$$$$$$$$... anyhow. as this has turned into a vacation nightmare for me I am on my way to crash at Jenny's to go and get wet on someone elses boat.

See ya'll at Splash Down.

P.S. to Walter. sorry man boat broke, Next time I promise not to cancel so close to dive time....

Man, that sux.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom