4th Annual Boca Grande Pass Cleanup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReefGuy:
Guess this makes me officially a rescue driver :)

Just make sure you bring a compass next time LOL

What a sport you were too Jeff... Hope everything is well. Let me know

Dude, I think that was record time. I think it'd be hard to beat 1 1/2 hours for a mile long drive. :)

As for Nicole, things weren't as good as we hoped. We're waiting for some test results and should know more next week.

My thought and prayers are with ya'll..... let me know if theres anything I can do.. Also I have your hood.....

Jeff, all our best wishes and prayers sent your way.

Thanks, guys. I'll post when I know more.

Sorry your boat broke, Brian, but you called and let me know you weren't making it. I got hooked up on a boat and made the dives. There wasn't that much to clean up this year.

Really? Is that cause the hurricanes blew it all away???

What depth were you at? I know there was a lot of crud on and around the ledge on the outside of the pass, at around 65-70'. How about a dive report?

Walter:
Sorry your boat broke, Brian, but you called and let me know you weren't making it. I got hooked up on a boat and made the dives. There wasn't that much to clean up this year.

For sure, the ledge had a lot of stuff on it as did the humps in the pass entrance, that was a complete MESS! We hardly made a dent in that last year and we'd pulled up about 800-1000# from that spot alone!

I dived the hole, reaching 72 ft on my first dive and 70 ft on my second. On the first dive, we found absolutely nothing. On the second dive, we got one bag of line and some coiled copper cable, it took 2 lift bags (55 & 100 lb bags) to bring it up. The water was road sign green and viz varied from 2 - 6 feet. Water temp was 67° F and the current was moderately strong.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom