40 feet of vis @ CSSP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Timeliner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Yep .... for real. 40 feet !
At the time only 2 other people were there today to back me up on that but what the heck it was cosmic for a low vis. dude like me.

Thanks Texdiveguy and FireFyter.... good times !

GTFOH.......

I may actually have to get out there then. I have been wanting to take a wide angle shot of the plane for the last few years. I tell people all of the time, winter is the best time to dive, great visibility, less people, good times.

GTFOH.......

I may actually have to get out there then. I have been wanting to take a wide angle shot of the plane for the last few years. I tell people all of the time, winter is the best time to dive, great visibility, less people, good times.

Ha! Yea! What she said!

Thanks to Timeliner and FireFyter for a couple of great almost one hour dives ...as Timeliner said the vis was just amazing for the 'pond'. We recorded a typical water temp of 51f and at 57ffw we had 49f.. We actually saw a turtle!...and several albino catfish,,but NO sunfish...a few bass though. We pretty much had the whole place to ourselves less a few other folks at the other end of the quarry. Great day!!! :D

I was there today and it was the best vis that I have ever seen at Clear Springs. If anybody has a chance you should to get out and enjoy it while you can!!

I was there today and it was the best vis that I have ever seen at Clear Springs. If anybody has a chance you should to get out and enjoy it while you can!!
Anybody going to CSSP tomorrow (Sunday)?

I was out there a week ago, 51 degrees, vis was pretty good but it wasn't 40', I was wondering if the reason vis was so good was its been cold so not too many people in there stiring up, and not a lot of rain here lately.

The fish were moving slooowwwww

and I was swearing through my reg because I forgot my left glove.

GTFOH.......

And you forgot the most important thing about winter at CSSP

NO THERMOCLINES

So, what you are saying is, THIS time is was worth the high price tag...

Back
Top Bottom