Have you ever stayed at Buddy Dive and had no issues?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was at Buddy Dive from 10/4-10/12. Was it a perfect trip? No. First night the battery died while we were out to dinner. 10:00 we called the front desk and they sent someone out to jump start us. The next day they replaced the battery. Mechanical stuff happens. If you're going to Nukove, bring a tire inflator with you. Mine connects to the BCD inflator hose and you can fill a tire up from a tank with 300 PSI in it. If you leave the resort knowing your tire is low, and you go to Nukove, it's your own damn fault. Take some personal responsibility for your own actions.

One tank had a stem leak during the trip. Oops. They have hundreds of tanks. Stuff is bound to happen. One reason when I'm diving OC I bring extra tanks.

Parking...ok...the resort was full. Some nights we were close to the room, some nights we weren't.

If you can't dive 1# overweighted because no one has 1# weights, you need to learn to dive. In my experience almost no dive operators carry 1# weights. Honestly, suck it up buttercup and go dive. I've found weight pockets on dives with 10# of weight in them, brought them back to the resort and gave them to the dive shop. Was it annoying to dive 10# overweighted? Yes. Did it ruin my dive? Nope.

Finally, if you have had 2 trips in a row go wrong, why go back again? Either you're a glutton for punishment, or you're not so smart.

Why is everyone personally attacking the OP for posting what in his opinion was an honest opinion re his most recent stay? I personally welcome the post and the thoughtful review in Trip Advisor. If we continue to bash anyone who has a different opinion, this board will eventually cease to be of any real value.

Kind of a weird review. I get that you didn't have a good time, but most of the complaints had nothing to do with the resort you stayed at (the incident with the tour bus and the cops). You should edit it and remove comments about that, vrbo, and cruise ships.

Also, might be easier to read if you paste the review into MS word or some other grammar checker. It was tough to read that wall of text.

4 bad trips, huh? Gotta wonder what it was: "fourth time the charmer", or "try, try again".

4 bad trips, huh? Gotta wonder what it was: "fourth time the charmer", or "try, try again".

First trip was great followed by 3 ever more frustrating trips.

I find the comments about the condition of BD trucks amusing - they give the bad ones to CCB.

I find the comments about the condition of BD trucks amusing - they give the bad ones to CCB.
OK that's FUNNY!!!

First trip to CCB our tailgate fell off while gearing up. Luckily no one had their full weight on it, but it was sketchy for the rest of the week.

Back
Top Bottom