Have you ever stayed at Buddy Dive and had no issues?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Four visits with all the same issues? Yet you said the first one was great, that’s why you went back.

That's just the title, read the Trip Advisor report

That's just the title, read the Trip Advisor report
I did. This is a quote from the trip advisor review:

“In our four trips to Bonaire, only one trip was perfect. For your edification we always stayed at Buddy Dive. Our first trip as stated was perfect! We were on the north side of the resort (aka, the Lion’s Den). The apartment was perfect, our car had no issues and we met lots of great people.”

I dunno, my own experience at Buddy Dive has been generally positive over the years. Once you recognize it's not a luxury resort and just a dive lodge, you are less likely to be disappointed. I have always found the trucks, tanks, breakfasts, dive shop and house reef to be excellent. The accommodation is just ok. Boat diving has been variable as well but for me, but not a big deal. Have had some minor issues over the years but the desk staff has always been polite and responsive.

Drrich makes a good point re tanks. We always check pressure, O2, and o-rings before heading out and keep spare o-rings in the truck. If your tanks are empty when you get to dive site, seems to me that you did not tighten the valve before putting in the truck. That's on you not Buddy Dive.

I have been to Bonaire probably 15 times. Have stayed at Buddy Dive 9-10 times for all of our last visits. Have never had a problem with anything the OP has said. The AC thing is standard for Bonaire. No problem ever with tanks. Maybe the OP had a combination of bad luck and/or inability to rectify problems going for them. Me, I love Buddy Dive and if anything the resort has been improving. Plus, there is ample parking, just not in the lot next to the fill station, it`s to the north of that.

So sorry you had a bad visit. I'm sure your attitude had nothing to do with their responses to you. Always enjoy reading a one-sided hit piece. I'm delighted you are not going back...sure wouldn't want to be on a dive boat with you.

I ran into tursops in another thread, thinking he's just having a bad day. But wow, speaking of attitudes. What is your issue? Do you enjoying taunting posters?

I just read the OPs review on Trip Advisor as well as numerous others and I now realize the OP had legitimate reasons to complain. Looks like Buddy Dive has been hit and miss for several years as the reviews were all over the place with a fair number of other travelers who had less than complimentary comments.
I guess I have just been lucky in the past.

I checked out trip advisor too and a lot of the one star reviews were from a while back. Any place can be hit or miss. Maybe the OP just had 3 misses in a row.

I get it...You spend a lot of money and time to go on vacation and it is disappointing when it is not what you hoped or expected it to be. With that said, I didn't think the OP's review on TA was as bad as others made it sound. To each their own, I guess.

As an example, I know a lot of people are a huge fan of certain operators and resorts in Cozumel. Inevitably, someone will come along and post a less than stellar or even negative review of the place and many people get very defensive about it. Everyone's perceptions and experiences will be different and not all are going to be just like yours, even if it is your favorite place that never lets you down. What is acceptable for one person may not be for another. I appreciate that the OP took the time to share their experiences and their review. Let others decide if that is the place for them or if it's not. I don't think there's a need to be passive aggressive or rude if you had a good experience or disagree with what is deemed acceptable or not.

Ooo...the house of reason....me likely:wink:

BTW....I’m at the Milan motorcycle show :)...want anything? hijack over.

I have only done a package with Buddys once, exactly 10 years ago to this week. It was our honeymoon and it was great. Sounds like Buddys may not be holding up as well as my marriage.

Back
Top Bottom