3rd Annual Fossiling Expedition guided by Mark Renz!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good idea on low key meal on Saturday night.
I will probably bring some veggie burgers, and chips n salsa.. ummmm how about tacos Sat. night?? easy to make and lots of fun to eat!

the $$ could always be refunded... or a lottery type to 2 winners... or just give it to somebody who may be deserving of it. Ultimately, since Mardie gave you (colin) the responsibility, you can decide what to do with it.

I may have a couple novice campers, or possibly just day trippers joining. Won't know till the last minute...

Thanks for the offer Mardi, while appreciated, we are good for the cash, just didnt get around to sending it, so we'll bring it with us. As for the cash, why not let those who are budget tight go with it if that is available? Its in your hands Colin!

As for cooking, still on for a big can of beans (should go with burgers etc) and chilli - should go with taco night well. We'll bring on other miscellaneous items too on a more personal portion size such as bread and water. Might pick up some tortillas - those always seem to run out when we make mexican food. We are asking my brother in law to bring chips as well if he comes.

Coming up with a list right now of things to bring!

Any plans so far on where we might be staying? Further towards the river maybe, out of the ATV trail that we were in the middle of last year? Just worried about the kids and dogs (particularly mine with his attention for cars and bikes) getting harmed. I know Colin said he was going to get there early and it seems we have a reservation, or at least a deposit in for a group spot, so from that can you pick a general area or potluck when you get there on friday?

CBulla:
Mardi - I think that would be amiable to pass to Si-guy if your willing. I also have a person who wants to go who's bummed cause his budget is tight at the moment... open to suggestions. :)
Colin, I hate to say this but I trust you..... Make the money available to those who want to come but can not afford it.... my treat.... I will keep my fingers and toes crossed that you all find tons of goodies! And say hi to Mark for me.
Mardie

Ok, let's do Tacos on Saturday night. Everybody bring something. Beans Simon? As in Black beans n rice? (I think Roxanne is making a big pot of baked beans for Friday night, and there will probably be some left over, if I recall from previous outings, she makes enough to feed a small army!)
Either Colin or I will update the first post with this additional info.

Scuba_Jenny:
Ok, let's do Tacos on Saturday night. Everybody bring something. Beans Simon? As in Black beans n rice? (I think Roxanne is making a big pot of baked beans for Friday night, and there will probably be some left over, if I recall from previous outings, she makes enough to feed a small army!)
Either Colin or I will update the first post with this additional info.
Where did she (or Dennis) post that? I know i mentioned it quite a ways up there as something we'd bring. I can always keep the vat of beans for another time. Maybe we'll just make more chilli instead - just keep us posted on who is bringing what to avoid too much of something!!

mm.. maybe it was a phone call...or just my imagination there was a conversation about Roxanne and beans...:confused:

Scuba_Jenny:
mm.. maybe it was a phone call...or just my imagination there was a conversation about Roxanne and beans...:confused:
That is kind of where i thought you might have heard it, or on the Ginnie thread or another conversation - maybe Dennis was complaining about tent etiquette post-beans? :wink:

Either way, we'll bring them just in case and if they arent needed, we'll leave them closed and take them home again rather than having several gallons of beans cooking up the place during and long after the dining :mooner:

So i throw it out there, i am sure people either have or are about to get supplies for the weekend - what are you all bringing??? Lets check we have it all covered and not too much of certain stuff. Also who is coming so we can estimate numbers to make for?

Ok checking back through the thread i see these people and this stuff coming so far, any updates from those involved or wanting to come would be welcome:

Colin/Kris (Ian and Xavier) & 3 others? - Moonie, ????

Dennis/Roxanne - beans???

Dennis S - table, pulled pork BBQ

Brian/Brennan (& brother + kids?) - cooler, food area coverage

UB - ?

Jenny/Julie - rum, maybe rum tote? plates, cutlery, cups, water, treat for D&R, veggie burgers, chips and salsa

Simon/Christina (& Tom) - beans? chilli, diet coke, tortilla's, bread, water, chips, (might add to this list)
we are also bringing our smallish cooler, table, a small camping stove and some pots, but not loads of that kind of stuff and of course our booze.

Am i missing anyone or anything, any updates to stuff being brought?

Ok Jenny is on the rum again :D J/K

mm.. maybe it was a phone call...or just my imagination there was a conversation about Roxanne and beans...

We will be getting there around 6:30 - 7:00
Roxanne said we are bringing for the group dinner Saturday night
Big pot of baked beans with little sausages
14lb of chicken quarters for BBQ
Assorted snacks chips & cookies

We will be bringing a small grill also

Can't wait to see everyone

Tell ya what, since everyone is stepping up for Saturday night food and fun, I'm going to make sure we have water and ice and snacks for the day time activities on Saturday.

Kris, Xavier, Ian, Drake-to-be, her friend Greg (life long friend from MI) and Dakota will be heading up early. My buddy Greg and his son will be up Saturday to fossil...

Moonie will be in tow somewhere... :D

Don't forget your floppy bill hats, sunglasses, and sunscreen - its going to be a beautiful weekend!!

Hey, if anyone has an underwater can we can use a little more freely for pictures, all the more fun! :D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom