3rd Annual Fossiling Expedition guided by Mark Renz!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CBulla

~..facebook conch..~
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
For the 3rd year running now I'm proud to post that we have once again secured an expedition with Mark Renz!

On previous expeditions we've had breakfast the morning of our excursion at the Camp Ground for $3 per person (pancake brekkie with OJ and Coffee), brought a picnic lunch (fend for yourself type) then had a camp potluck dinner where everyone contributed something (plates, utensils, rolls, water/soda, main course, dessert, etc). This seems to have worked out with campfire cooking, "No kidding, there I was waist deep in the water" stories that go late into the night, and slumber under the skies.. Sunday morning is a camp breakfast followed by break down and going home. I'm open to new ideas, but this seems to fit what the trip is about.. outdoors fun!

This trip is very family friendly for all ages. Yes you can bring your dogs to.

-----------------------------​

March 9-11, 2007

Where: Near Arcadia, Florida - possible Peace River site
Lodging: Camping at Peace River Camp Ground - 10 per person per night
Cost: $35 per person, pre-payable or payable to Mark at time of Expedition
What to bring: -- Lets start with river conditions and weather outlook:

River conditions - Running 1.82 feet at the USGS measurment site. Approximately 1' below normal

Weather:
Fri
Mar 9
Partly Cloudy82°/61°10%
blank.gif
82°F
Sat
Mar 10
Sunny83°/63°10%
blank.gif
83°F
Sun
Mar 11
Scattered Showers83°/61°40%
blank.gif
83°F
-----------
What does this mean for camping and fossiling?? We're going to have both GREAT weather and GREAT fossiling conditions in the river!!

If this is your first time camping or its been some time, please check the World Outdoors Web site, they've got an excellent list with way more than we'll need for our two day excursion to the wilds of Peace River Camp Ground.

Travelers nibbles will be available on Friday night compliments of DennisW.

Saturday morning will be Breakfast at the campground. LUNCH is whatever you choose to bring with you to the river. Make sure to bring water, snacks, sunscreen, towel, a floppy bill hat, and whatever else you choose to bring with you river side.

Dinner Saturday night is Pot Luck feast! (to be updated soon - 3-4-2007)

Sunday is breakfast and pack up.

If you happen to have any of Mark's books (Fossiling in Florida, Megalodon, etc) bring them with you and he'll sign them. If not, he usually has a few for sale with him as well.

Drop me a line if you have any questions!

i might be able to bring some fire wood but not the kind you cook food over. 2by4s

rebelmandziukan:
i might be able to bring some fire wood but not the kind you cook food over. 2by4s
If it is pressure treated 2by4's you might want to consider bringing foods that are very high in preventives and hormones! :D
If I bring my dogs.... they can help dig out the fossil pits! Unfortunatelly they can not swim so if the water is anymore then knee deep they will have to be fitted with scuba gear!
Hope to see you there
Mardie

Hey... I'll dig out last years list. Since its been such a mild winter, this years expedition should be in warmer water AND with the lack of rains we've had, the water will be very low. I'd be surprised if we're in areas that are at the absolute deepest waist deep.

I am going to plan to make it this year. Sounds like fun.

Hermit Crab and I are in and looking forward to a fun weekend!

dumb question whats a rum tote?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom