3rd Annual Fossiling Expedition guided by Mark Renz!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you have to ask, then you need to take it...just to find out! :D

sounds good to me ill take it!

Hey, All!

I called Peace River Campground a couple days ago to get current camping prices. I think they're the same as last year. Group rates are $10 per person per night for ages 3 and up. We need to send in a $100 deposit to secure our wilderness spot for the weekend as soon as we can. Check in time for Friday, March 9, is anytime after 8:00 am, and Sunday's check-out time is 11:00 am.

In the past, we've had people send their camping money and their fossiling money to us prior to the trip. This year, I thought it would be easier if everyone just paid their camping fees at the campground office upon arrival. Colin and I will handle the deposit in the next week or two. I'm assuming it would be easier on Mark Renz if we do try to get all of our fossiling money together in one lump sum before the trip so that we're not wasting time collecting money when we could be in the river digging for treasure.

Please feel free to start sending in your fossiling money at your earliest convenience. For ease of depositing, please make checks payable to Kristie Bulla and include a total head count for those being covered by your payment. Our address is: 2306 Lane Ave, Ft. Myers, FL 33901. Please include your email address if you'd like an email confirmation when your payment is received.

And just for the record, I hope Colin's right about the water temps. I'm going to be HUGE for this trip, so there is no way I'm going to get a wetsuit over my belly! I hate to disappoint people, but I will NOT be going into labor during this Conch event. My due date is April 18, so that would be way too early. I did have a dream that Drake's arrival will be on April 3, so we'll see what happens.

I can't wait to see everyone!!!

Love, Kris

you got me pegged1 Im southern country(modern) through and through

We are in again. Will check back to see what needs bringing, might come better prepared this time!! We are also bringing our little pup (he'll be 1 year old just a few days after this trip).

Just a question, are we fossiling only on saturday? If nothing is going on friday of note, we will leave here around midday to pitch in the daylight and help with the rest of the camp set up (i am getting tired of pitching at night!).

Will be fun, look forward to seeing all of you who i havent caught up with in a while!

I'm in. I'll bring tables for starters. Haven't decided on what else.

We arrive on Friday some time, usually in the afternoon, make camp. Everybody brings a contribution then we share. Plates, plastics, food, drink, firewood, etc.
Saturday morning we gather together, first for brekky in the mess hall then trek to our meeting place with Mark Renz, who we follow to the river for fossiling. Fossil all day, (bring a lunch) then we make it back to the campground for dinner and hanging out around the campfire til the wee hours of the morning. Wake up Sunday morning, break camp and go home.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom