3mm or 5mm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now back to the topic in hand...the results are in: size does matter - 5mm is better than 3mm :D

It all depends on where you are from, and what you wear when you dive in your area. I have seen a lot of warm-water-wusses complain about 70F water and recomend 5mm suits. I'm from the midwest USA and dive a 7mm suit in our summer, and dive a 3mm in the Philippines. I have dove in Nov., Jan., and Feb. in the Philippines, and have never had a problem with hypothermia.

It all depends on where you are from, and what you wear when you dive in your area. I have seen a lot of warm-water-wusses complain about 70F water and recomend 5mm suits. I'm from the midwest USA and dive a 7mm suit in our summer, and dive a 3mm in the Philippines. I have dove in Nov., Jan., and Feb. in the Philippines, and have never had a problem with hypothermia.
who would dive in a 5mm in 70F?!?! thats crazy.

7mm at least

who would dive in a 5mm in 70F?!?! thats crazy.

7mm at least

tsk, tsk, tsk,..... Mike you've been living in the tropics to long :wink: I'm in my 3mm until water temp gets down around 65F....

Course then I jump straight to the drysuit :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom