2nd annual Turkey Fry at Venice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeandiver:
I was wondering if you minded if a NEWBIE to your group wandered down just to hang out and maybe even do a dive !!!!
I know I am a born and bred Minnesota diver but hey , I can be retrained to dive correctly you know!!!!
I think I am going to try to get a room somewhere down there Friday night so if anyone wants to shack up , let me know!!!!

Thanks again...

Jean

This is a good dive for newbies.

I think this one is about $40/night

Motel 6

(941) 485-8255 281 Us Highway 41 Byp N
Venice, FL Map

Here are a few people from my list that plan on coming:

Desiree (Diver)
Fran and Wes (Bubble and Diver)
Rob (Diver)
Sharon (May just visit)

Of course me and my family will be there (anywhere between 2 and 6)

CBulla:
Si - we're only an hour south.. your more than welcome to figure out a spot here :)
Hey! I got first dibbs! LOL

Hey Ya'll today has been really windy from the west which is really bad for viz. Tomorrow calls for some rain also. Not to be a bearer of bad news but thought you all would want to know. If it's calm turkey day and Fri it may be OK , otherwise we may be doing more eating and talking than diving :wink:

Not sure what I'm bringing as far as food but I can bring a EZ Up Canopy. :D

Wildbill:cop_2:

Wildbill:
otherwise we may be doing more eating and talking than diving :wink:
Woah, hold up there, even crappy viz wont stop me getting wet and trying to look for teeth - i think we all have had those days!! I will bring one of Walter's famous buddy lines just in case, but i hope i wont need it. :wink:

Here is the forecast:
Thanksgiving Day: A 20 percent chance of showers before 10am. Cloudy early, then becoming partly sunny, with a high near 73. West northwest wind between 13 and 17 mph.
Thursday Night: Mostly cloudy during the early evening, then gradual clearing, with a low around 50. North northwest wind between 6 and 9 mph.
Friday: Sunny, with a high near 70. Northeast wind between 5 and 9 mph.
Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 53. East northeast wind around 9 mph.
Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 77. East wind around 8 mph becoming south.
Saturday Night: A 20 percent chance of showers after 1am. Partly cloudy, with a low near 63. West southwest wind between 6 and 8 mph.
So hopefully the quieter spell on thursday night onwards will help things out!!

Simon, I don't know what friendly website you use, but:

HIGH SURF ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 3 PM EST THIS AFTERNOON
Issue Time: 2:32AM EST, Thursday Nov 25, 2004
Valid Until: 9:00AM EST, Thursday Nov 25, 2004
Back to summary

HIGH SURF ADVISORY IN EFFECT
UNTIL 3 PM EST THIS AFTERNOON
1400-

Coastal Flood Statement National Weather Service Tampa Bay Area - Ruskin FL 231 AM EST Thu Nov 25 2004

... High Surf Advisory In Effect Until 3 PM EST This Afternoon...

The National Weather Service In Ruskin Has Issued A High Surf Advisory For The Following Coastal Counties...

Manatee... Charlotte... Lee... Pinellas... Hernando... Sarasota... Hillsborough... Citrus... Levy And Pasco.

Including The Cities Of... Bradenton... Bradenton Beach... Cape Coral... Cedar Key... Clearwater... Clearwater Beach... Crystal River... Fort Myers... Hernando Beach... Hudson... New Port Richey... Port Charlotte... Punta Gorda... Sanibel... Sarasota... Tampa... Venice And Yankeetown.

Strong West To Northwesterly Winds Behind A Cold Front Today Will Cause High Surf And Dangerous Rip Currents Along The West Central And Southwest Florida Coast Today. Winds And Seas Will Begin To Decrease By Late Afternoon.

A High Surf Advisory Is Issued When Dangerous Water Action Is Expected Along The Coast. This Includes Rough Surf... Large Breaking Waves... Strong Undertow... And Rip Currents.

Beachgoers Are Urged To Heed Lifeguard Warnings.

The weekend is -
Mostly cloudy in the morning then becoming partly cloudy. Breezy. Scattered showers in the morning. Highs in the lower 70s. West winds 15 to 20 mph becoming northwest 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 30 percent.
Tonight
Mostly clear. Colder. Lows in the mid 40s. North winds 5 to 10 mph.
Friday
Mostly sunny. Highs around 70. Northeast winds around 10 mph.
Friday Night
Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 50s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph shifting to the east after midnight.
Saturday
Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 70s. Southeast winds around 10 mph shifting to the south in the afternoon.

The southeast @10 will make it fun, I guarantee! :wink:

I liked Simons forecast better, can we use his?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom