2nd annual Turkey Fry at Venice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have stayed at the Hampton Inn. It is about 2 miles from the dive site, has a jacuzzi, heated pool and free breakfast.
There is also a Motel 6 that I know folks have stayed at.

I thinking I'm gonna have to pass on this one. Darrel's working until 6pm on Saturday. Too bad it wasn't on Sunday instead..... Take pictures (I need a good laugh :D )

I need to soon!!!!! that tummy isnt gonna last forever

Looks like i am going to make this one, i am aiming for two dives, will probably drive down on friday night and try to stay somewhere - diver_doh are you still looking to share or are there any other offers of places to crash - sofas are acceptable? Looks like only one day of cave diving for me, thanksgiving is likely to be in blue spring with metaldetector for a quick run, so given the option of 2.5 hours back to Orlando and 2.5 the following morning or 3.5 down to venice in one shot i am taking the easier option - though i might be shattered from 6 hours of driving and 2.5-3 hours underwater already :wink:

simbrooks:
Looks like i am going to make this one, i am aiming for two dives, will probably drive down on friday night and try to stay somewhere - diver_doh are you still looking to share or are there any other offers of places to crash - sofas are acceptable? Looks like only one day of cave diving for me, thanksgiving is likely to be in blue spring with metaldetector for a quick run, so given the option of 2.5 hours back to Orlando and 2.5 the following morning or 3.5 down to venice in one shot i am taking the easier option - though i might be shattered from 6 hours of driving and 2.5-3 hours underwater already :wink:

Well, I found a place to stay, the old standby motel 6...... AT least it has a bed, I have done worse in my time.

Now, I know how to find the town, but where in this burg are supposed to meet up?

Jeff

diver doh:
Well, I found a place to stay, the old standby motel 6...... AT least it has a bed, I have done worse in my time.

Now, I know how to find the town, but where in this burg are supposed to meet up?

Jeff
Look at the insider information thread and check out CBulla's venice info - i assume this event is at Alhambra. Does this motel have two beds? If so do you want to split the cost?

Weather report just in case:
Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low near 58. Northeast wind around 9 mph.
Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high around 78. Northeast wind 5 to 7 mph becoming south.
Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 63. South southeast wind between 3 and 6 mph.
Winds should have been offshore for quite a while and gentle too, so that might be good for viz. Might be a bit nippy in the morning for the 1st dive, not sure about rain chances, but the front will have already moved through, so less likely. I really should try to get that meteorology job some day :wink:

simbrooks:
Look at the insider information thread and check out CBulla's venice info - i assume this event is at Alhambra. Does this motel have two beds? If so do you want to split the cost?

Weather report just in case:
Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low near 58. Northeast wind around 9 mph.
Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high around 78. Northeast wind 5 to 7 mph becoming south.
Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 63. South southeast wind between 3 and 6 mph.
Winds should have been offshore for quite a while and gentle too, so that might be good for viz. Might be a bit nippy in the morning for the 1st dive, not sure about rain chances, but the front will have already moved through, so less likely. I really should try to get that meteorology job some day :wink:

Man, I am gonna bake in a 2mm compressed neoprene drysuit, aren't I :11:

Sorry, Simon. I booked a single king bed! If I had known prior to making the reservation..... What the heck, this is seven motel 6's in 7 weeks (they always let my cats stay free when I am on the road)

Jeff
(and no, I am not bringing my cats! they are all grown up and can stay on their own for a day or two or three)

dive4funOften
Scuba_jenny and Hermit Crab - Bringing apple crisp and pumpkin pie
bdrannik
baitedstorm (no:( )
CBulla, Kbulla, Xman and 3/4 Ian
flounderboy?
diver doh
Wildbill & Family
ReefGuy - stopping by to say Hi
taildragger
novafury (with sun shade??)
simbrooks- possibly...awe c'mon simon, you know you want a meg..

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom