2am 21Dec'12 "Apocalypse Day" Here in Chuuk FSM. . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kevrumbo

Banned
Reaction score
South Santa Monica Bay/Los Angeles California, USA
# of dives
1000 - 2499
. . .And everything is still fine this side west of the Int'l Date Line.

WTF???:confused:

(I'm going back to sleep. . .)

Perhaps since the entire world will end at once, it won't happen until it is December 21st in the entire world?

It would have been nice if the Mayans were a little more specific :)

Perhaps since the entire world will end at once, it won't happen until it is December 21st in the entire world?

It would have been nice if the Mayans were a little more specific :)
Use Cancun/Tulum date & time. Winter Solstice is 5:11am tomorrow. :crafty:

Even present day descendants of the Mayans don't believe this scat; it's simply the end of the 13th Baktun cycle/start of the 14th (ok Don, that technically won't be until 5:11am 21Dec-12, the Winter Solstice in Cancun/Tulum Time Zone-- It will be late 11pm here in Truk Lagoon, and I plan on having a good sleep then too!)

The only historically sad thing "Apocalyptic" I'm going to see today is a deep deco dive on the Aikoku Maru, in which nearly 1,000 Japanese soldiers & sailors died instantaneously in a massive explosion which obliterated the front half of the transport ship, during the US Navy's WWII Operation Hailstone Raid on Truk Lagoon almost 70 years ago now -a testament to the horrors of war. . .

Sobering Story of the Aikoku Maru

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom